Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree236Likes

Thread: Table of Counter Formations v2.0 - Which formation to use?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Carter View Post
    I dont need that table anymore..
    That table doesnt make me thinking about how to set counter strategy, not to counter formation with different formation..
    That's what I think. Useless... Football Managers should be using their own brain for their tactics, not anyone elses.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Great we all need it for new players like me it's very useful ,even tho i barely use counter formations.
    And i think 4-1-4-1 works good against 4-4-2 .
    Boys San :: Season 12 LV 12

League 11 :: CL 8 :: Cup :: 3

You can add the following to the table:

4-1(DMC)-2(ML/MR)-2(AMC)-1

I successfully countered this by using 3(N)-1-3-(N)-2(AML/AMR)-1 and I ended up beating a stronger opponent in the CL Final 3:1.
    Zaharia Cristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    That's what I think. Useless... Football Managers should be using their own brain for their tactics, not anyone elses.
    I agree with you, even though I sometimes really look at the table if I'm playing against a formation I've rarely play against. Sometimes the counter formations don't really work but well, blame T11.

Anyways, many players were using your thread, so I decided to create a new one. Specially for the newer players such a thread was helpful.
    Last edited by Incredipede; 12-14-2013 at 08:39 AM.
    DiZZee likes this.

not working anymore..
    sirokaca and TuninGGamer like this.

I still think it is usefull to give you a idea, then you have the option of using it or not.

I think it is always better to put your Best players in and choose the tactic that Best fit on them.

4141 was efective against mine 442, but then i easily beat him using 4222 hexágone.
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

there is no word about 4-1-2-2-1 loop, i thought it was quite dangerous, but at my experience i beat it twice by Maple Leaf, 4-1 overall, 4 goal came from my mr/ml with red arrows. also i find Butterfly not really usefull against 442, couple of seasons it was real good counter, but now i got bad luck using this strategy, and game ends not so well as i expect - max is pretty close game with 50-50 ball possession. anyway good luck Incredipede for trying update old stats and sorry for my bad english

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Totally agree!
    YOU're MANAGER, YOU MANAGE

Congratulation Arsenal!!
    Hope these thread could help you, Formation-Tactic and GUIDE

I'm curious why the counter-formation for 3W-1-3W-1-2 happens to be: 3W-2(DMC)-3N-1-1 Tower, 3N-5-2 Flat

"3W-2(DMC)-3N-1-1 Tower" should be better by putting 4 in the back and taking out one DMC. "3N-5-2 Flat" seems like a more decent option, but I'm going to try a slight change by pushing the wide midfielders out to AML/AMR positions instead: 3(N)-3(MC)-2(AML/ARM)-2

Will post how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    I'm curious why the counter-formation for 3W-1-3W-1-2 happens to be: 3W-2(DMC)-3N-1-1 Tower, 3N-5-2 Flat

"3W-2(DMC)-3N-1-1 Tower" should be better by putting 4 in the back and taking out one DMC. "3N-5-2 Flat" seems like a more decent option, but I'm going to try a slight change by pushing the wide midfielders out to AML/AMR positions instead: 3(N)-3(MC)-2(AML/ARM)-2

Will post how it goes!
    Wow, at HT already 5-0 up and 79% possession.

Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast