Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 4-3-3 "Total Football"

If you look at the picture, it shows that one if the MC's arrow is pointing down. So I played one game with just an MC who slide into a DMC with the arrow down. His rating dropped. Then I tried to do the same thing with a player that is besides a MC also a DMC. His rating stayed the same or went up.

So I think that if you put an arrow on, the player moves one up or down. I think it is important, that your player should have the positions that you want him to play in order to keep the rating up. I tried the same thing with a DC and a DC/DMC. In the end the player with the additional position turned out to have the better ratings. These are just my findings. But overall, I have not lost a game using this formation. Don't get me wrong, I am sure that there is somewhere a counter formation for this on. Maybe some center based like the 41212 ND etc. It is just to experiment
    If a man has the right attitude, even if he is average, he'll work hard enough to play well. As long as he thinks he can be good, that's all that counts.

-Bear Bryant-

League Champion: 11*

Champions League Winner: 5*

Cup Winner: 2*

Treble Winner Level: 1

ROLL TIDE

Charleston, South Carolina Title Town USA

Playing total football is a nice idea. I test the formation you mentioned on the first page with Troll FC, since the last season match is pointless. Here is the first result from a friendly an Asian manager from my friends list played and total football worked (though the quality difference between both team was used since he fielded his bench warmers).

4-3-3 "Total Football"-totalfootball1.jpg
    4-3-3 "Total Football"-totalfootball2.jpg
    4-3-3 "Total Football"-totalfootball3.jpg

Cudos and respect for the nice system.
    Marco Brown likes this.

Founded: January, 16th 2013
    League level: 20
    "We are no cup team, we are a pub team"

- FCK stories from time to time, when I look around. -

Thank you for share this..I used it and worked very fine for me.
    Marco Brown likes this.

Respect for having the guts to try it
    If a man has the right attitude, even if he is average, he'll work hard enough to play well. As long as he thinks he can be good, that's all that counts.

-Bear Bryant-

ROLL TIDE

5/4 Street of El Manana, 19-2000 Melancholy Hill, Plastic Beach.
    I have a question about the DMC and MC.

My mc is more attacking than my dmc. Should I swap the position between them?

As I'm writing this, my team just won 1-0 at home with 4-3-3 total football. My opponent played with a weird formation;

------ST-------
    -----AMC---AMR
    ML-MC---MC-MR
    ----------------
    ---DC-DC-DC---
    -------GK-------

My team over-quality him but managed to score only one goal. Hmm maybe his formation can counter this formation..but with higher quality players. Anyway, I think I will stick with 4-3-3 total football for few more games to see if it can bring more victory to me

To be honest with you, I think that there is a counter for every formation. But if I look at a more attacking formation, like the one you showed, I would let my DMC play, and possibly take the arrow off. Just depends how the game going, because you also have a attacking DC, so that really leaves only one true defender in your half, which could be risky facing attacking formations while forcing counter attacks. Hope you are able to gather some more wins and share your experience here

-Bear Bryant-

ROLL TIDE

Quote Originally Posted by Marco Brown View Post
    To be honest with you, I think that there is a counter for every formation. But if I look at a more attacking formation, like the one you showed, I would let my DMC play, and possibly take the arrow off. Just depends how the game going, because you also have a attacking DC, so that really leaves only one true defender in your half, which could be risky facing attacking formations while forcing counter attacks. Hope you are able to gather some more wins and share your experience here
    Wow okay. I didn't know that. You really thought about that huh? Haha i'm playing against a 4-4-2 classic in my next match and hope this formation can thrash them down like you did haha thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by DamonAlbarn View Post
    Wow okay. I didn't know that. You really thought about that huh? Haha i'm playing against a 4-4-2 classic in my next match and hope this formation can thrash them down like you did haha thanks for sharing
    I do consider those things, when I look at other formations. But sometimes it does not matter how well you calculate, the game engine will do whatever it wants to do. I do believe that there could be a chance that the game engine predicts the outcome with a 70%-80% accuracy. Many things can happen during a match, especially facing a live manager on the other end. But so far I can knock on wood and be happy with the results that my team is achieving.

-Bear Bryant-

ROLL TIDE

You should make a thread on how to decide what formation, orders, and arrows to use (if there is none).. I think newbies like me really need that kind of information heee

Well, I am not sure if I am that experienced enough to make a thread regarding orders and arrows. There are forum members that have been playing this game for 25+ seasons but I one thing I think that is happening with arrows is for example when you put a red arrow on a MR and his natural position is just MR, I have noticed a bigger decrease in moral and ratings. He will still contribute to the task that you assign him but I think the player is programmed to feel uncomfortable in this unnatural position.

Now, If you put a red arrow on a MR that is also an AMR, I have noticed that there is a lower to none loss on moral, it also depends on who he is facing as a direct opposing player. Let's say he has no direct player in front of him, he will do very well and maintain a good rating. These are just some of the things that I am finding.

When I asked the Nordeus support team about the arrows, the response was, that basically the formation has to make sense but to be careful about moving your player out of his natural position.

I wonder what the veterans think about this. I have not noticed a difference putting a red arrow on a ST or a blue arrow on a DC, DL or DR.

-Bear Bryant-

ROLL TIDE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast