Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cody Allan Taylor
  • 1 Post By Cody Allan Taylor

Thread: Weird formation

Weird formation

Anyone can help me counter this formation? Weird formation-diediedie.jpg

3n-dml/dmr-2-1-2 or 3n-dmr/dmr-3n-2

Dreamer
    Not that weird It's a 3-2-2-2-1 B-fly with all the rows flip narrow-wide. Instead of "3-2W-2-2W-1" you have "3W-2-2W-2-1". Though this version has more midfield holding since it does not use wingers (ML/MR are pure midfield in T11).

Not sure what to counter with, good luck :P
    Brian Dang likes this.
    Manager of Foresters FC and Guide FC. Both teams on server '161'.

Wondering if I took the time to type out that fancy formation? Nah, check out my python script!

I would use a narrow diamond against it, why? It is totally open to all the attacks from the middle, It has no MCs to speak of, no DCs really to stop ND's 2 STs, and especially it doesn't have a center DMC to stop the ND AMC. A Narrow Diamond should if all factors are somewhat equal tear this formation apart.
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip L. Willis View Post
    I would use a narrow diamond against it, why? It is totally open to all the attacks from the middle, It has no MCs to speak of, no DCs really to stop ND's 2 STs, and especially it doesn't have a center DMC to stop the ND AMC. A Narrow Diamond should if all factors are somewhat equal tear this formation apart.
    ND might work. This really depends if the "weird" formation uses "down both flanks" or not. When I use 4-3W-2-1 I run "down both flanks" and it's enough to over-come any formation that is running wings or single DL/DR.
    Philip L. Willis likes this.

Wondering if I took the time to type out that fancy formation? Nah, check out my python script!

There is no entry in the counters chart for 3W-2-2W-2-1, thus no consensus about what is the best counter, I would really want know what is the best counter for it is?
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip L. Willis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Allan Taylor View Post
    ND might work. This really depends if the "weird" formation uses "down both flanks" or not. When I use 4-3W-2-1 I run "down both flanks" and it's enough to over-come any formation that is running wings or single DL/DR.
    Hehehehe ...Don't try,bros..It's all depended on your settings...There is no Ultimate formation...

Last edited by Brian Dang; 08-21-2014 at 03:03 PM.

Dreamer
    Looking at other 3W-2DMC formations and 4-3W-2-1 as a guide, I'm going to suggest 4-5-1 flat.