Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: OK So I've worked out the Yellow Triangle Saga FINALLY!!

OK So I've worked out the Yellow Triangle Saga FINALLY!!

I could not find info about this anywhere but I've finally worked out why my team has been under performing. I've got an awesome ML who I've been playing at MC for ages now. He's not played well but I have other players for the other roles I want to fill and he's too good not to play. My team has been doing OK lately but not as well as they should be considering my opposition..... Then I just realised when trying a new formation, that my ML's triangle seemed to change colour when I moved him to AML.... I tried moving a few other players about and theirs did the same. There's a YELLOW triangle with an exclamation mark which means the player is out of position but doesn't mind where you've put them. But there's also an ORANGE triangle with an exclamation mark which means unless they play really well they'll never get more than a 7 regardless and I'm pretty sure it's a possession penalty too. It appears that my other players are quite picky too. My AMC is happy to play MC or ST but doesn't like AML or AMR and my best ST will happily play AML or AMR but not AMC.

I suggest anyone that's been having problems with players out of position just double check that it's not an ORANGE triangle. It might not be your tactics or that the player is randomly crap at all!!

I've never put player out of his position. There's 22 places in every team. In my team there's no empty places and half of my players are able to play multiple positions (eg.cb-dmc). I'd rather buy new player to cover certan positon than put there player who shouldn't play it.
    Philip L. Willis likes this.

It shows you this when you go to move the player. Curent elligible positions have a green background in that box, slightly OOP have yellow and bad positions have red if you place them there.

Quote Originally Posted by t11_fan View Post
    I've never put player out of his position. There's 22 places in every team. In my team there's no empty places and half of my players are able to play multiple positions (eg.cb-dmc). I'd rather buy new player to cover certan positon than put there player who shouldn't play it.
    Unfortunately I don't really have the option

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    It shows you this when you go to move the player. Curent elligible positions have a green background in that box, slightly OOP have yellow and bad positions have red if you place them there.
    OK this is cool too, I didn't know this. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by James Smith View Post
    Unfortunately I don't really have the option

OK this is cool too, I didn't know this. Thanks for the info.
    Its something like....ST can go to AML/R as yellow; MC any AMC, DMC as yellow (ie Central, adjacent); DR to DMR, DL as yellow, etc Multi-role players have more options. Traffic Light system.

Can't give fuller list as I can't check atm and if i got one above wrong blame memory.

Its something like....ST can go to AML/R as yellow; MC any AMC, DMC as yellow (ie Central, adjacent); DR to DMR, DL as yellow, etc Multi-role players have more options. Traffic Light system.

Can't give fuller list as I can't check atm and if i got one above wrong blame memory.
    I think it's more confusing then that to me. Like my ML wont go MC or DML but he'll happily play AML or MR.... I also have 2 AMC's and whilst one is happy to play AMR or AML as well as MC and ST the other doesn't like the wings. So I think it's player dependant to some degree too.

I think it's more confusing then that to me. Like my ML wont go MC or DML but he'll happily play AML or MR.... I also have 2 AMC's and whilst one is happy to play AMR or AML as well as MC and ST the other doesn't like the wings. So I think it's player dependant to some degree too.
    Maybe I've missed something but you do need to consider all the roles. I'll do a check later when on my PC and can check on other teams and then we can see if we can come up with a consistent list if you like. I'll do first checks on roles and you can confirm or post anomolies (or other way around if you like).

I'm currently training AMR on AML/AMC and I'm hoping he'll go yellow on ST and ML, MC & MR roles too.

Maybe I've missed something but you do need to consider all the roles. I'll do a check later when on my PC and can check on other teams and then we can see if we can come up with a consistent list if you like. I'll do first checks on roles and you can confirm or post anomolies (or other way around if you like).

I'm currently training AMR on AML/AMC and I'm hoping he'll go yellow on ST and ML, MC & MR roles too.
    OK so it's not as I thought at all. I didn't realise that the AMC that likes the wings was an AMC/AML, so he also doesn't mind AMR....

MY theory is as follows:-

GK = only GK(obviously)
    DL = DL-DC-DML
    DR = DR-DC-DMR
    DC = DL-DC-DR
    DML = DML-DL-ML
    DMR = DMR-DR-MR
    DMC = DMC-DC-MC
    ML = ML-MR-AML
    MR = MR-ML-AMR
    MC = MC-DMC-AMC
    AML = AML-AMR-ML
    AMR = AMR-AML-MR
    AMC = AMC=MC-ST
    ST = ST-AML-AMR

So each role on the field is able to adapt to two others without being detrimental, of course players with more roles assigned to them will cover combinations of these. As long as a player is playing one of the roles he is comfortable in you wont be penalised.

OK so it's not as I thought at all. I didn't realise that the AMC that likes the wings was an AMC/AML, so he also doesn't mind AMR....

MY theory is as follows:-

GK = only GK(obviously)
    DL = DL-DC-DML
    DR = DR-DC-DMR
    DC = DL-DC-DR
    DML = DML-DL-ML
    DMR = DMR-DR-MR
    DMC = DMC-DC-MC
    ML = ML-MR-AML
    MR = MR-ML-AMR
    MC = MC-DMC-AMC
    AML = AML-AMR-ML
    AMR = AMR-AML-MR
    AMC = AMC=MC-ST
    ST = ST-AML-AMR

So each role on the field is able to adapt to two others without being detrimental, of course players with more roles assigned to them will cover combinations of these. As long as a player is playing one of the roles he is comfortable in you wont be penalised.
    Yeah that looks about right. Good Job.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast