Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to beat 3w-1-2-3w-1?

how to beat 3w-1-2-3w-1?

He is fairly better than my team (avg stars around 24 and mine around 21) with full squad specialskills, and i will probably take a title game against him in a few days.

how to beat 3w-1-2-3w-1?-ads-z.jpg

He is getting quite high scoring results with this.
    Should I play with 3 dmcs to cancel those?

Does it have any weak spot? Still have some time so I may strengthen the squad in that direction.

Famous
    You don't need 3 DMC's; just one with two MC's (both blue arrow).

3W-1-4-2/3W-5-2 V-style should be your best counters. Don't let the quality of that attack scare you, by opting for 3w defenders he's leaving his defense vulnerable. The ML/(A)ML and MR/(A)MR will consume his flanks, leaving his DC alone against two strikers. Plus that DC looks like his weak link (one of two 4 star players in starting 11)

Attacking/down the flanks/whole pitch/hard/short - no counter/offsides. Red arrows on the flanks, blue arrows on the MC's...

I see he's got a second scout striker; has he used different formations in other matches?
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 03-27-2015 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    You don't need 3 DMC's; just one with two MC's (both blue arrow).

3W-1-4-2/3W-5-2 V-style should be your best counters. Don't let the quality of that attack scare you, by opting for 3w defenders he's leaving his defense vulnerable. The ML/(A)ML and MR/(A)MR will consume his flanks, leaving his DC alone against two strikers. Plus that DC looks like his weak link (one of two 4 star players in starting 11)

Attacking/down the flanks/whole pitch/hard/short - no counter/offsides. Red arrows on the flanks, blue arrows on the MC's...

I see he's got a second scout striker; has he used different formations in other matches?

he is a colleague of mine and pretty much a cash player, we are just lvl 2 and yet he filled the team full of those scouts. Also believes he can take whole season with one formation he was obsessed with 413n11 before this, but with weak wings he got some decent trashings against way lower opponents and now he switched onto this one (and he copied this formation from me btw) and I think he'll stick to this in my game too.
    I was determined not to spend any money on this before, but now that the title is at stake i am considering some. this is my team.
    how to beat 3w-1-2-3w-1?-ads-z2.jpg

just sometimes if failes to score, he subs in this second sc striker instead of amc. that's all variation he trusts in.

recently this is the only formation i've seen him failing to beat. he got draw against this two times, 0-0 home, 1-1 away.
    how to beat 3w-1-2-3w-1?-draw.jpg
    and this one, this is 1-1 away too, I watched this game he barely pulled out. However he squared this one off 4-0 at home. Same formations both sides home and away, I cant see what changed. This guy had way lower quality though, like around 13 stars avg
    how to beat 3w-1-2-3w-1?-draw2.jpg

up until recently his amc was weak link too, but he bought another scout to that spot yesterday.
    Last edited by Oğuz Çağlar; 03-27-2015 at 11:38 AM.

Famous
    Unfortunately, you'll probably need to buy several players to beat him. The situation would be more manageable at higher levels, as you can put together a five star starting lineup w/o buying tokens, but level 2 managers just don't have the income flow to acquire that volume of players (exception of a very deep cup run at level 1 perhaps).

4-1-3n-2 isn't a bad idea, defend/counter-attack, through the middle with long passing. He should have problems with the 2 strikers and you'll lock-up his midfield. In your case though, I don't think you can afford to not play Esqueda, so the flanks are probably a must w/o a massive roster overhaul.

If he switches out the AMC for his 2nd striker, switching from 3w-1-2n-3w-1 to 3w-5-2 v-style; your current formation (4-4-2 classic) is your counter.

Make sure to keep players at max condition and suberp morale (if you have the resources and really want to win i'd top it off too) with max win bonus.

Good Luck!!!
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 03-27-2015 at 02:26 PM.

c58
    i would go
    dc dc dc
    dmr dml
    mc
    amr amc aml
    st

it puts your best players on the pitch and will also nullify his team. long ball, mixed, hard tackling, counter yes

Unfortunately, you'll probably need to buy several players to beat him. The situation would be more manageable at higher levels, as you can put together a five star starting lineup w/o buying tokens, but level 2 managers just don't have the income flow to acquire that volume of players (exception of a very deep cup run at level 1 perhaps).

4-1-3n-2 isn't a bad idea, defend/counter-attack, through the middle with long passing. He should have problems with the 2 strikers and you'll lock-up his midfield. In your case though, I don't think you can afford to not play Esqueda, so the flanks are probably a must w/o a massive roster overhaul.

If he switches out the AMC for his 2nd striker, switching from 3w-1-2n-3w-1 to 3w-5-2 v-style; your current formation (4-4-2 classic) is your counter.

Make sure to keep players at max condition and suberp morale (if you have the resources and really want to win i'd top it off too) with max win bonus.

Good Luck!!!
    is 4-2n-3w-1 disadvantageous against this tactic? I wonder if the second guy lost just because of his much-low rating or because of this formation? Cause he gave pretty nice challenge at home, but fell badly at away. Also which positions do u think i need the scout reinforcements?

Quote Originally Posted by c58 View Post
    i would go
    dc dc dc
    dmr dml
    mc
    amr amc aml
    st

it puts your best players on the pitch and will also nullify his team. long ball, mixed, hard tackling, counter yes
    how should i have the arrows on those? thats true this seems to be using the best out of the roster at hand, but is it as effective as the defensive formations above?
    how to beat 3w-1-2-3w-1?-ads-z55223.jpg
    Still I can bring in three scouts, I am not sure about positions yet. I am not very keen on it, but i don't wanna give him the title in silver plate. He should learn he cant pave his way with money in everything

Here is our most recent versus btw
    how to beat 3w-1-2-3w-1?-ads-z552.png
    Last edited by Oğuz Çağlar; 03-27-2015 at 04:10 PM.

c58
    well if youre going to bring in 3 scouts that changes everything

i would suggest going to a classic 4-4-2

get yourself a scout DC MC and ST

that will bulk you up in all the positions

up arrows on the ML and MR

blue on the DCs

attacking, mixed passing, through the wings, hard tackling, zonal

Famous
    Defensively the 4-2n-3w-1 covers his attack, but doesn't exploit his weakness.

Regarding scouts, I think a 2nd striker and a DR (preferably duel role) are a must. After that, its a judgment call; either a ML, MC or another defender. A 2nd MC is the other glaring need, its just top eleven is notorious for poorly programmed MC's (bad form).

How close are your 5 star players to there 6th star? Would you benefit more by investing in multiple players close to their next star? Plus if you find players with skewed stats, they could technically be better or equal statistical in the relevant statistical categories for there position. Plus, with the transfer list you the added benefit of being able to the see the players form history.

For example:
    SCOUT LIST ST: DEF 33 ATK 35 P+M 34 overall quality 34
    TRANSFER ST: DEF 20 ATK 38 P+M 31 overall quality 29
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 03-27-2015 at 07:33 PM.

Defensively the 4-2n-3w-1 covers his attack, but doesn't exploit his weakness.

Regarding scouts, I think a 2nd striker and a DR (preferably duel role) are a must. After that, its a judgment call; either a ML, MC or another defender. A 2nd MC is the other glaring need, its just top eleven is notorious for poorly programmed MC's (bad form).

How close are your 5 star players to there 6th star? Would you benefit more by investing in multiple players close to their next star? Plus if you find players with skewed stats, they could technically be better or equal statistical in the relevant statistical categories for there position. Plus, with the transfer list you the added benefit of being able to the see the players form history.

For example:
    SCOUT LIST ST: DEF 33 ATK 35 P+M 34 overall quality 34
    TRANSFER ST: DEF 20 ATK 38 P+M 31 overall quality 29
    Out of 8 five stars, i have two 28, one 27, two 26, and three 25 and esqueda is 31 so its not very promising. U are right actually, i snatched castellanos (28), garrido (28) and ojeda (27) from auction list yesterday for merely six tokens, and they are very young too. Without them our versus was sth like 19-24 and with them it jumped to 23-25. But i am not sure how much they'll bring to the fodder in the short run till the matchday. Cause no amount of training will bring them to six stars in just two days now. That's why I see the only salvation in scouts.
    Last edited by Oğuz Çağlar; 03-27-2015 at 10:55 PM.

Apprentice
    Why don't you try 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond with Defensive/Through the middle/Own half pressing/Normal Tackling/Short pass(or Mix)/ Counter on/ No offside?

Your midfielders mark his midfielders, 2 DC mark lone striker, DL/DR mark AML/AMR and 2 STs attack to 1 DC. At this time, his DL/DR are nothing
    Last edited by padrino; 03-28-2015 at 04:24 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast