Thread: What to use?

What to use?

Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum here. never had to ask anything about tactics.. but for everything there is a first time, so here I am! I am a level 5 manager, won the league 4 times in a row. but I can't seem to win anything else.

I am playing a team for the champions league on saturday. He playing this formation:

--st--st--st--
    --mc----mc
    -----dmc----
    --dc.dc.dc--dr

How am i supposed to counter this? His overall quality is 33.9 against my 42.5

I should tell you that I lost my first (home) match by 2-3

I was playing this formation:

---st--st---
    aml---amr
    -mc.mc.mc-
    --dc-dc-dc--

Thanks in advance for any reply guys!

grtz

Famous
    I faced that formation in the champions league round of 16. Got a 6:1 (0:4) (2:1) aggregate victory with 4-4-2 classic

normal/down the flanks/own half/hard/mixed/zonal. Red arrows on DL, DR, ML and MR. Blue arrows on both MC's.

Also, if possible max player condition, win bonus and try and keep player morale @ superb for all.

First of all thanks for the reply!

I've read somewhere that a dmc is necessary for supporting the defenders in their job to stop the three strikers. If this is the case, is a 4-1-4-1 formation a better idea? what is your opinion? Cause I really need a win by at least 2 goals. I just can't fail again in the champions league

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Tino Bouw View Post
    First of all thanks for the reply!

I've read somewhere that a dmc is necessary for supporting the defenders in their job to stop the three strikers. If this is the case, is a 4-1-4-1 formation a better idea? what is your opinion? Cause I really need a win by at least 2 goals. I just can't fail again in the champions league
    Since he doesn't have an AMC, I don't think a DMC is necessary. The 4th defender also helps the other 3 defenders, serving as a sweeper in a help defense role. If you want to use a DMC, a 4-1-3w-2 should work fine though.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 04-23-2015 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    Since he doesn't have an AMC, I don't think a DMC is necessary. The 4th defender also helps the other 3 defenders, serving as a sweeper in a help defense role. If you want to use a DMC, a 4-1-3w-2 should work fine though.
    I'll try the 4-4-2 formations with the tactics given by you. I will also post the result, just to let you know. Thanks for your help!