Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Started too late in season? New player

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    League 1 is full of AI teams and less than pointless winning.
    so, I suppose you won with a 26-0-0 your first league
    And what is the history of your team so far ? (I mean trophies)
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    so, I suppose you won with a 26-0-0 your first league
    And what is the history of your team so far ? (I mean trophies)
    I started the game 5 games from the end too, so no I didn't - but I won enough to get from low down to qualify easy enough. I'm pretty sure I've stated my history earlier. And guys that wait 2 seasons that possibly beat me to top position by 1 point because they had 2 seasons of training aren't playing fair, plain and simple.

The idea is to try and win all your matches, not to strategically lose to unbalance the game the following season. You don't see Manchester United throwing games to not play in the Euro Cup, it's not fair play and would be considered cheating.

I've spent 1 dollar in this game since I started and this year I won the league wih 5 games to go and it wasn't this season (that I spent my dollar), and I'm in the CL and Cup final. So yeah...think what you want about me. I love that it prolly took you 1 year or get to season 4 and prolly got all the trophies tho, well played.
    Last edited by Andrew Nifield; 04-28-2016 at 06:01 PM.

I've spent 1 dollar in this game
    not every manager/player of this game have the same sources.
    Some can "farm" 50-100 boosters every day and some others nothing.
    So yes, this strategy is a solution if you want to compete other players for trophies.

Apprentice
    You are making 2 assumptions. One : that I live in a country with easy access to green packs. Two : he doesn't. Both I believe to be wrong.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

One : that I live in a country with easy access to green packs
    yes, as you 're talking about dollars - haha
    joking

Two : he doesn't. Both I believe to be wrong.
    Who ? Tuzara Davidoff
    about that , I 'm sure

Famous
    The big problem here is Nordeus has created a system where teams finishing 5th-7th are punished moreso than teams that finish outside the top 7.

Add in an event like the Europa League, and alot of the incentive to tank goes away.
    Level 40 Manager

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    The big problem here is Nordeus has created a system where teams finishing 5th-7th are punished moreso than teams that finish outside the top 7.

Add in an event like the Europa League, and alot of the incentive to tank goes away.
    I don't see a problem with someone playing without Champions league in their first real season, the demands and rythm of the game can take a while to get used to. League one is pointless. There are literally years to play to get to the top, why waste a month playing in a sham-league ?

Just won the Cup final in extra time btw, yay me haha. I actually shouted out loud when my first goal went in , a little embarassing haha.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Nifield View Post
    I don't see a problem with someone playing without Champions league in their first real season, the demands and rythm of the game can take a while to get used to. League one is pointless. There are literally years to play to get to the top, why waste a month playing in a sham-league ?

Just won the Cup final in extra time btw, yay me haha. I actually shouted out loud when my first goal went in , a little embarassing haha.
    Congrats on winning the cup.

I don't think they're is one correct/best way to play this game. Some want to reach the top level, others want to chase trophies. There are pros and cons to both approaches. For example, tanking is good for free/low-budget players, players that don't want to play the game year round. But if one is a highly competitive player, that plays year-round, it can make some seasons a tad boring.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 04-28-2016 at 09:51 PM.
    Andrew Nifield likes this.
    Level 40 Manager

Apprentice
    Yeah, I agree there are different ways to play the game. There are lots that play their players all out of position though, to fail, and I feel that it distorts the game for the active players. I guess I can't get my head around setting your team up to lose - but I guess that's why I spend a decent amount of time trying to find out what tactics do, and setting up my team win.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12