Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Started too late in season? New player

Question Started too late in season? New player

Ok ..tough.

I knew nothing about the game. I started 6 days ago. Not knowing how stuff works I spent my moneys on players. Youngsters mainly. God I started with half a team over 30 and the others at 2 stars.

I worked hard upgraded seats now building medical. I spending all day watching vids for green packs and play train play train.

Somehow the first player I bought is scout level after 2 days. Good right?

Now with my great luck I started at position 11-12? Even lost my first 2 games.

I need advice:

I am currently at position 8 and a good 14 points from 1st place even tho I am at same stats w leader.

Is it worth aiming for the top 4 or should i stay at 8 so I don't level up? I have 5 days. Help. Tick tock..
    Last edited by Tuzara Davidoff; 04-25-2016 at 09:36 PM.

Bonus Started too late in season? New player-my-team.jpg

Strikers are both pretty bad. Can't score at all. I got the DR to do the corners and he is at 10 assists.
    Last edited by Tuzara Davidoff; 04-25-2016 at 09:57 PM.

Apprentice
    Go for it, no point in sticking around in level one. Seems like it takes forever to get to an interesting level. You'll need a big squad, or to have spare green packs between matches to be in good condition for the matches for Champions league.

I feel my team is not ready for next level. I only have the 11 days. I have 0 striker power and if i go to the next level I hear I'll lose a star on each player. I am worried I will not qualify in top4 for CL and get beat up and not qualify next season too?

Apprentice
    Your striker won't do much in that formation, but your wingers should score tons. I have the same formation and my right winger is top scorer in the league and my left is like 3rd.

5 stars is a good player in the first level, you can concentrate on swapping out your players at the beginning of the season, save your tokens and buy up 2 wingers and a couple other players. They are cheap at that level and you shouldn't have any problems picking up 6-8 players at 5 stars. Try and get some youngish players with 95% quality and they will rain up fast. Remember that price includes training ability, so getting a cheap player never works for too long. I bought a great but expénsive 18 year old, and watching videos and playing 2 games a day he's already world class in the same season.

By all means tho, stick around.

I started my first year about 5 games from the end and only just qualified....second year I finished second and got into the champions league....3rd second again with champions league experience, 4th 2nd again but only by one point....5th season I'm almost in the cup, champions league finals and 10 points clear.......each year I've learnt something new. The difficulty level hasn't changed a lot though, as I was always up against people buying their teams for a while, so it took me some time to replace my players. Now I'd really like to be in the 20s, and feel a real challenge to qualify for the champions league etc, is far off.

Tho from all leagues I could score trophies if I stay. Is that not the point and I will not lose any stars if I don't level? Will lose 10 days of play but have a strong team and chance to be 1st. I see what u r saying in terms of challenge.. ez wins are not real wins.

Also I don't have the budget for next season so do take that in consideration. I spent it all haha buying attackers..

My sincere advice.......stay in the same level....then next season you will do something with what you have. It can help you save tokens too. You would probably be Stronger than opponents.
    nikolgiorgos and pcmacdaniel like this.

Famous
    I'd recommend repeating the level as well. But if your race is very close and a climb into a CL spot is possible, the following are a few questions, just to create some food for thought.

How close to 4th place are you? How close to 3rd? How far ahead of you are the teams in 5th through 7th? If you wish to push, you'll have to not only catch 4th, but also hope a team in 5th through 7th doesn't finish strong. If 2nd/3rd are within like 1 point of 4th, your odds are better. But remember, you're going to have to climb over 4 teams in 5 days.

Level 2 champions league is usually very easy, with only a very few managers being active.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.
    Level 40 Manager

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Agree 100%
    It seems youre ambitious player, so, no CH.L. no promote.
    stay in the league, take your time, read a lot threads here in the forum, save money, go for championships.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Apprentice
    Ambitous isnt winning leagues by waiting seasons. Good players go up every season until they find their level, and try pick up trophies on the way. League 1 is full of AI teams and less than pointless winning. Those guys that spend 3 seasons trainjng up to boast they won every league make me laugh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast