Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By khris
  • 1 Post By gizzmo
  • 3 Post By Jeeves

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How do you break an offside trap?

How do you break an offside trap?

This is one tactical point that I don't understand. I've tried removing the red arrows on my strikers and attacking midfielders. That doesn't work. Long passing? How do you gameplan against a player using offside traps?

This is a interesting question...

Today for example in my association matches I did a fail in my first match, that was so tough... I had the luck to score and changed to very defensive +no counters+no off and I was crashed fast... I tend to do that when I am loosing and I dont have the control, this time I had less chances, lets say he did 3-4 attempts and then 1 for my side, but I was winning and I failed cause my defenders did fails trying to start moving the ball from inside my own area and elaborating the game step by thep from my goal to the other as often happen when I do this change...

And here where I wanna arrive, I realized then of my fail and that the line of pressure and "real" control of the other team was very next to my goal.. thats why finally (even yea, I had less avQ but...) I lost 3-1 but, in the second match I did some loans and in the place to use very defensive, that start the game too much back I realized that, playing just defensive the presure line changed, and this changed the control in my favour and gave me a 2-0 in my favour, when moved from attacking to defensive, even after recive a red card I moved the ST as AMC and all was so different suddenly when made these changes.

So all is to find the "point/line of pressure of the other team". You say - I tryed to remove the red arrows- but, we know a red arrow on a ST don't mean he dont appear in defense.
    So I would try different things here, (and probably this need to be tested, and see if in a match that have so many offsides in 1st half then in 2nd you overcome this...) starting for change the line of pressure so don't play hard attacking-attacking and probably will help don't force counters with long passing, as this mean that you recovery the ball and "often" a man run to overcome the defenders.

Then exist the option that a player, or fail in the trap in the case of your team, or theres a zone where the other team do it so good... (there are 2 different things yeah,) so the control when the match is simulated, adding a blue arrow, or switching the player that "fail" for 2nd time for example, for another of the same line, probably can work, as the agressivity that makes a player provoke a foul, or the "hability to fail when one overcome the offside trap" sure is part of the internal programming of every player, and sure that if we pay attention, doing little changes of positions during the live matches we will see/ can see how we don't fall in the trap so often.

And this really is so extense and can be very elaborated, but, here more or less what I think about it. xD
    Let's say that for me all is find the way to have the control, "find the point" and all is very related really...
    Last edited by khris; 10-09-2016 at 01:42 AM.
    freken1972 likes this.

Famous
    I do not think there is much of a plan there. But that's my opinion: if a player goes for offside trap, he's going to catch you for sure. But at some point, it is likely he's gonna fail and you'd score like in real life. I think the game does not show when you succeed. I do not bother too much with that anyway.
    HairDryer likes this.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Rookie
    Blue arrows on strikers. Not on attacking midfielders.
    When a striker gets a blue arrow he acts as if he's a false 9 like Messi. A striker that gets back to get the ball and play a little like an attacking midfielder. It works for me most of the time.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    This is a interesting question...

Today for example in my association matches I did a fail in my first match, that was so tough... I had the luck to score and changed to very defensive +no counters+no off and I was crashed fast... I tend to do that when I am loosing and I dont have the control, this time I had less chances, lets say he did 3-4 attempts and then 1 for my side, but I was winning and I failed cause my defenders did fails trying to start moving the ball from inside my own area and elaborating the game step by thep from my goal to the other as often happen when I do this change...

And here where I wanna arrive, I realized then of my fail and that the line of pressure and "real" control of the other team was very next to my goal.. thats why finally (even yea, I had less avQ but...) I lost 3-1 but, in the second match I did some loans and in the place to use very defensive, that start the game too much back I realized that, playing just defensive the presure line changed, and this changed the control in my favour and gave me a 2-0 in my favour, when moved from attacking to defensive, even after recive a red card I moved the ST as AMC and all was so different suddenly when made these changes.

So all is to find the "point/line of pressure of the other team". You say - I tryed to remove the red arrows- but, we know a red arrow on a ST don't mean he dont appear in defense.
    So I would try different things here, (and probably this need to be tested, and see if in a match that have so many offsides in 1st half then in 2nd you overcome this...) starting for change the line of pressure so don't play hard attacking-attacking and probably will help don't force counters with long passing, as this mean that you recovery the ball and "often" a man run to overcome the defenders.

Then exist the option that a player, or fail in the trap in the case of your team, or theres a zone where the other team do it so good... (there are 2 different things yeah,) so the control when the match is simulated, adding a blue arrow, or switching the player that "fail" for 2nd time for example, for another of the same line, probably can work, as the agressivity that makes a player provoke a foul, or the "hability to fail when one overcome the offside trap" sure is part of the internal programming of every player, and sure that if we pay attention, doing little changes of positions during the live matches we will see/ can see how we don't fall in the trap so often.

And this really is so extense and can be very elaborated, but, here more or less what I think about it. xD
    Let's say that for me all is find the way to have the control, "find the point" and all is very related really...
    mind if i ask how do you find the point / line of pressure?

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    In your threads, administrating things up!
    Quote Originally Posted by LassanaDiarra View Post
    Blue arrows on strikers. Not on attacking midfielders.
    That and short passes. The easiest way to fall for an offside trap is hard attacking mentality, motivated strikers and long passes. Set the mentality to something less aggressive and go for shorter passes. Just don't forget that short passes don't work very well, if your players are not close to each other. You might want to use an attacking midfielder to close the gap between your midfielders and strikers.