Thread: Offside and throw in

Offside and throw in

Have anyone ever seen commentary during the match about offside or throw in?
    It seems that offside only appears through offside-trap tactics, but I haven't seen any attack stopped because player went into offside. Then what's purpose of offside?

Also it seems throw in doesn't appear in game at all. Some player are/were well known for their long throw in, for example Delap. You should make new special ability - long throw in.
    GK also should have long goal kick SA that would be useful for counter attacks.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Right there with you about throw ins-- it's more under rated here than in real life.

Offside-- There used to be a sequence of comments about it that would show up once in a blue moon saying JoePlayer is trying to break the trap, but I haven't seen it since new commentary, it comes up so rarely, I don't know if it's still in it.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Interesting point, you have here. I think it´s not too useful to make it a relevant match part, as matches are too short. If you watch the statistics, not even all shots are commented in a match. To comment on throwins and alike would need longer matchtimes. But as you mention it, I wonder how offside-trap works game-mechanics-wise.

It's obvious that they can't copy every single part of game and translate into short sim. However, i've seen "black holes" during match - period of few gameplay minutes when nothing happens. For example, match starts, 1. comment 7', 2. comment 10', 3. comment 19'

As you have said, they dont comment every shoot, corner etc, free kick etc. and I don't think that they need to comment every time. I just think that i'd be cool to add throw in SA and comment only when throw in is near opponents goal (when this SA can change match). It could be more useful than defensive wall (used only to defend against FK)
    Stoke City's opponents had nightmares when Delap took ball in his hands.

Isn't it cool?

I use offside trap only when I have to catch result in combination with 3 cb's although I'm not sure is it useful or not.

Devs said (I think) that Offsides were there but but not commented (apart from the 'tries to break....trap 'rarity').

I'm pretty sure they don't comment them because there are many (ie the commentary black holes after long balls, defence into attack etc could account for some) and they'd be so irritating.

I, however, would like to see some more offside comments but, more importantly, I want to see an offside count in the game stats.

I don't really care about throw ins. We can't manage or train for throw-ins so I'd rather focus on 'management' things.

(Ofc I wouldn't mind if they did give throw-in comments as an extra. )

Yes throw-ins could be a skill like corner-expert. But it would only be of any use if you could assign a player for throw-ins as you can for corners, free-kicks etc.
    Again, i wonder what the game engine does with offside-trap. Is there a modifier like -10% chance to generate a goal chance, but when successful a +5% chance to score from it? Something like that?