Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By kynan
  • 1 Post By Buffs Mad
  • 1 Post By kynan

Thread: Rival Watch.

Rival Watch.

From playing this game for a few years I recognise several teams who I have done battle with over the seasons. Some have been close run rivalries, other from the opposition manager deliberately supporting against me all the time etc..

As I'm quite competitive, I like to look at how they are doing, even though they are in different leagues to me, however this isn't always possible - as if they are not drawn in the same League or Champions League draw, then its impossible to know how they are doing.

Thus, it brings me to the next suggestion - Currently you can send friend requests to other gamers and have more chance to interact and watch them. As I don't want to be friends with my rivals, I just want to watch what they are doing and compare myself to them, I propose we have a "Rivals" list to add.

I propose the rivals list would work as follows -

You can add anyone to your rival list, but no one but yourself will know they are on it. If I was to put "Cat Utd" on my list that user would not know and it would not affect them in any way.
    You would not be able to send gifts or play friendlies against your rival like you would a friend.
    You would be able to click on them and see how they are doing in their respective leagues and cups.

I think it would bring more to the game if we were able to see more teams around us that have had history with our respective clubs, good or bad, without having to friend them. I'm competitive so don't want to friend a rival then feel obliged to support them when they play - or see myself removed by them by supporting against them.

Suggestions?
    Last edited by kynan; 04-23-2015 at 01:52 PM.
    Paul Dahlin and Cat Harrison like this.

Hi, I find this a very interesting idea.

My "rivals" to put into your hypotetical list are simply those managers, I'd like to follow,
    who refused my friendship requests or released me for various reasons.

Which should it be the aim of this rival list?

The possibility to watch their matches as if they were your friends,without sending them any explicit request?

Nice idea.

Although I wouldn't like the idea that they can support against me.....unless.......someone who has me as a rival and supports against me automatically produces a 'suggestion' for my rivals list. I can then add them or reject it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    Nice idea.

Although I wouldn't like the idea that they can support against me.....unless.......someone who has me as a rival and supports against me automatically produces a 'suggestion' for my rivals list. I can then add them or reject it.
    I like that.

Or go so your rival can support against you but it doesnt go against you % wise on possession. Him watching is just pyscological so to speak.
    Buffs Mad likes this.

Famous
    good idea! +1