Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Match time.

Rookie

Match time.

I would suggest to stop the possibility of changing the kickoff time of a match, its very annoying. It happens to me a couple times, when i get a message on my phone that my match will start soon, when i open the T11 app it appears the match already played. I understand that T11 wants as much money as they can get, so token buyers will change the kickoff time alot, but this is a huge disadventage for people who cant spend a lot of money on this game...
    cookizzz likes this.

Famous
    I just notice start time of home match scheduled 40 minutes later can be changed with 2 tokens. It's unacceptable and unfair. The reasons are obvious. I don't think explanation is necessary. As I remember, time of matches in next 24 hours could not be changed in the past. Am I right?

I don't know when this change was made. Luckily I never face similar situation.

The change was ridiculous.
    Corona likes this.

Rookie
    That would be an idea, that u can change more then 24 hours before the match, if u can change it just 1 hour before its really unfair.

Famous
    As I remember, there was a restriction that match time can only be changed 12 or 24 hours before the match. This can still makes the other side very inconvenient, but at least they have some time to react.

Edit:
    Slightly out of topic. I often arrange some immediate friendly matches in next 3 minutes. Actually I understand that this may also cause convenience to opponent. Opponent manager only has about 1 minute to refuse the friendly match. Even though their player condition was not harmed, the manager cannot manage the team for 10 to 15 minutes during the match. If that manager only have this time slot in a day to make some changes, they will not be able to do so. So even though I personally I like this friendly feature, I don't defense if others complain about it.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 06-10-2015 at 03:16 PM.

I think a better way to do it would be to release the league standings on DAY 2 - and allow users the option on that day to move all their games to a time of their suiting for a one off fee (Say 5 Tokens to move as many as they want on that single day).

After Day 2 - and for cup matches it reverts back to how it is now, but with 24 hours notice having to be given prior to a change.

That way, those that get screwed with set timings due to time zones (I think Cat often suffers with having 3 games in one day, none in others for example) have a chance to "correct" at least their Home games, whilst also stopping others from "dirty" last minute time switches to gain an advantage by having a 24 hour change period.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Yep!! That would be so much better, for sure....
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't like what seems to be a new change with scheduling. A return to the previous way would be better, with modifications.

A blanket change at a point in time, as kynan suggests, would be preferable. I wouldn't want it to be restricted to, say, Day 2 unless there was also an option built in to allow a new player or new takeover to do the same within a couple of Days. It would ofc not be a totally free choice as there is still a need to balance loads.

In the case of our beloved Cat if probably would mean her opponents might get the 3 games in a day effect occasionally but I find it preferable that the load is spread rather than those furthest away (in a time-zone sense) bearing most of the burden.

An additional option 'within 2 days of creation' would also help those new players who start after the league season has begun to get over the pre-set schedule hurdle that is probably very off-putting.

If a blanket system was allowed then I'd actually quite like to see the changing of individual matches stopped - but it generates income and its not that big a deal so I can live with it.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 06-13-2015 at 12:15 PM. Reason: added free choice bit

Famous
    At about 5 hours before original start time of my league match today, my opponent just used his right as home team to delay that start time. I smartly find a notice for this among my tens of other news in news section. However, is it reasonable that Top Eleven system sent to an alert to me, just like completion of construction of new toilets, expiry of sponsorship, etc.???

I was asleep while he made this change. Luckily the match was not rescheduled to a earlier time, when my players' condition would still be recovering after training. I could not response even if they kindly alert me.

Even if Nordeus want to promote token paid match rescheduling, I still want to further suggest:
    (1) Match time can only be delayed;
    (2) a alert in news section should be available immediately, not on day start, to the team affecting by the change. If the affected team want, even a facebook notification should be sent.

Anyway, I still think match rescheduling should only be allowed at least 24 hours before the match start time. This is extremely reasonable and fair to all parties.

Famous
    I'm probably stating the obvious here, but if I want to move the match to an earlier time, the new start time, must be at least 24 hours later than the current time (time i'm paying the fee).

I am strongly opposed to a 24 hour timeframe being required for changing any match to a later time. There should be a time when it locks the start time, its just 24 hours is to long a time due to unforeseen change of plans. The only constant about plans seems to be nothing goes according to plan; last minute change of plans such as minor family emergencies, called-into work/working late, meeting with friends and other short notice things happen and its convenient to move an important home match to a more convenient time.

Well, blanket scheduling as Kynan suggested for the league would be fair. However, Champions League and Cup matches start within a 24-48 hour window after scheduling. People might not get online for 12 hours after daily reset and already be within the 24 hour window, regarding start time.

Now putting a cap on the # of times a player can move a match time for one days games, I would support...
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 07-23-2015 at 03:47 AM.
    cookizzz and Cat Harrison like this.
    Level 40 Manager

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    I'm probably stating the obvious here, but if I want to move the match to an earlier time, the new start time, must be at least 24 hours later than the current time (time i'm paying the fee).
    Agree.

I am strongly opposed to a 24 hour timeframe being required for changing any match to a later time. There should be a time when it locks the start time, its just 24 hours is to long a time due to unforeseen change of plans. The only constant about plans seems to be nothing goes according to plan; last minute change of plans such as minor family emergencies, called-into work/working late, meeting with friends and other short notice things happen and its convenient to move an important home match to a more convenient time.
    Last minute change is certainly unacceptable. In my comment on June 10, 2015 in this thread, I proposed 12 or 24 hour time frame. In my opinion, 24 hour timeframe is far more reasonable, especially in a game with participants all over the world. Your opponent is quite possible still asleep and unaware of the change in 12 hours.

Match time change provides an option of home team manager to handle sudden matters. However, if a too short time frame is adopted, a change of match time may suddenly become another short notice sudden matter of the opposite team manager. In my opinion, if home manager's sudden maters are too close to match start time, the home team manager must accept this themselves. It is not good to transfer the problems to others and becoming their sudden matters.

Let us think. Without match time change, home team manager just cannot attend the match. He may still have some time to alter instructions to prepare for a match without attendance of manager. For the opposite team, their manager may not be able to make any change. His players may not be in full condition as they originally planned, or wasted some conditions which can be used to train and improve players. New match time may be close to other matches of away teams. Training plan of away may also be affected. Away team may also not be able to sell a player after the match as scheduled. In conclusion, it is possible that this gives lot of problems to the opposite manager. If the change is earlier or at least the away team manager is notified, the effect may reduce.

Well, blanket scheduling as Kynan suggested for the league would be fair. However, Champions League and Cup matches start within a 24-48 hour window after scheduling. People might not get online for 12 hours after daily reset and already be within the 24 hour window, regarding start time.

Now putting a cap on the # of times a player can move a match time for one days games, I would support...
    These ideas are also good.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 07-23-2015 at 08:21 AM.
    pcmacdaniel likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast