Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Formulas for a better league draw- Share your opinion -

Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    I prefer pure random drawing. It is the fairest method.

I don't resist other creative methods to make league drawing fair. However, in my opinion, for any methods, teams drawn to strong league should be compensated with higher sponsorship and ticket prize. This is similar to real world. For example, both English Premier League and Scottish Premier League are top tier leagues in Europe. But their teams obtain different amount of sponsoring.

Different managers have different demands. It is impossible to find a perfect league drawing methods that every manager loves. Some managers like trophies and want to draw in weak leagues. Some managers have already won enough titles and want challenges of strong leagues. Some managers want to manipulate to make every league balance with strong & weak teams. There is no perfect solution.

In fact, I like the challenge in leagues I participated in last 3 or 4 seasons. The qualities of the teams are similar. Almost every managers in my league is active. They may not attend but will make changes. Every league match is meaningful. Most match results are not easy to predict.

However, in such arrangement, some good teams of active managers ranked low in league, and even could not get league prize nor promote. At the same time, some weak teams which just reached 3 star qualities won in much lower quality league and might get the same amount of league prize. This is clearly not fair.
    Random drawing would be suitable if there were seedings. That is, an appropriate number of teams are randomly drawn from each of specifically made groups of teams. Groups can be labeled as high quality, medium-high quality, medium quality, medium-low quality and low quality, where the quality is relative to the level concerned.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-29-2015 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Corrected a mistake.
    khris likes this.

Ofc we also need to consider the population effect. Nordeus are in effect, it would appear, trying to create a no-easy ride system and by the same Token (pun intended) everyone has a chance.

Just because someone has a 3* team doesn't mean they are not casually spending tokens too and they don't need to be rewarded by the choice of an endless battle for progression....or walk.
    khris likes this.

Like Tactician said, "2 high quality teams, 1 medium-high quality team, 4-5 medium quality teams and the rest can be mid-low and low quality teams". This formula would be much better for active users putting time and money into their team. Its understandable that lower quality teams want to win trophies but in order to do so, they have to put the effort into their team. Its not fair to managers investing in their teams, only to lose to lower quality, inactive managers. So in my opinion the above statement would be the best outcome, and more sensible.
    khris likes this.
    10 League Titles
    7 League Runners Up
    1 Champions League Title
    4 Champions League Finalists
    1 Cup Title

Ok, good that we share ideas lol

Now the next idea is to know the system used by Nordeus, then we have to writte the problems that this have by our viewpoint... but this can be done only if we know how they do the draws...

And then as the draws can (probably lol) be adjusted lets try to say one per one the problem, and suggest solutions.

One of the problems are for some managers the abandoned teams, for example, thats why I suggested to put these in the same group of league, then as in my opinion "exist the option" that the game can read out intention, the game can create + competitive, and less competitive leagues intentionally.

Other options are ofc. do it balanced, I always when managed OMA leagues tryed to do groups of 5-6-7 to assure promotion for all and a hard fight for CL spots.
    So perfectly this is an option, priority to a interesting fight for 6-7 teams can be another way.

Let's try to have more opinions to have a good thread for the mods lol

Apprentice
    i want to out quality everyone in my league by at least 5. give me the abandoners i'll take the easy league win and promotion all the time. i can also use my B team for these game, which allows me to use my A team on cup and CL
    Buffs Mad likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by muskrat View Post
    i want to out quality everyone in my league by at least 5. give me the abandoners i'll take the easy league win and promotion all the time. i can also use my B team for these game, which allows me to use my A team on cup and CL
    Vote for ma system, what allow you to say to the game if you want a competitive League or not lol

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    Vote for ma system, what allow you to say to the game if you want a competitive League or not lol
    i'll get my competitive games from cup and CL i don't need 3 stressful games a day, 2 is enough.
    khris likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    Ok, good that we share ideas lol

Now the next idea is to know the system used by Nordeus, then we have to writte the problems that this have by our viewpoint... but this can be done only if we know how they do the draws...

And then as the draws can (probably lol) be adjusted lets try to say one per one the problem, and suggest solutions.

One of the problems are for some managers the abandoned teams, for example, thats why I suggested to put these in the same group of league, then as in my opinion "exist the option" that the game can read out intention, the game can create + competitive, and less competitive leagues intentionally.

Other options are ofc. do it balanced, I always when managed OMA leagues tryed to do groups of 5-6-7 to assure promotion for all and a hard fight for CL spots.
    So perfectly this is an option, priority to a interesting fight for 6-7 teams can be another way.

Let's try to have more opinions to have a good thread for the mods lol
    Leagues consisting of abandoned teams only are not appropriate because the first four will be in the Champions League next season.
    cookizzz and khris like this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    The previous (random) system was ok.
    My good mix is 4-5 active good teams, 4-5 medium teams (but able to do "damage" in some games) and 4-5 low q teams but not abandoned. Those teams with 33 y.o. players, playing in random positions, crippling players, giving domination in some teams or just a typical 3-0 to others must stay in the fridge or in a league strictly with those teams.
    I don't understand (or don't want to be to suspicious ) why they change the league system.
    The complains about the league was very few while all the managers are complaining about the Cup draw.
    cookizzz and khris like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    Leagues consisting of abandoned teams only are not appropriate because the first four will be in the Champions League next season.
    Such league is really meaningless. However, I don't think it is easy to confirm if a team is abandoned at season beginning. As long as the teams have been managed within about 30 days (I forgot the exact period) at the season beginning, they should still be considered as active team. If they became abandoned within the season, they could not be kicked out of those leagues.

I agree that those weak leagues comprising of abandon teams is a problem for drawing similar quality team together. That's why I prefer pure random drawing over this method.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    The previous (random) system was ok.
    My good mix is 4-5 active good teams, 4-5 medium teams (but able to do "damage" in some games) and 4-5 low q teams but not abandoned. Those teams with 33 y.o. players, playing in random positions, crippling players, giving domination in some teams or just a typical 3-0 to others must stay in the fridge or in a league strictly with those teams.
    I don't understand (or don't want to be to suspicious ) why they change the league system.
    The complains about the league was very few while all the managers are complaining about the Cup draw.
    As I remember, league drawing was basically random but friends are tended to be group together in same league. There were some managers complaining that their leagues comprised of teams stronger than the others. Because of grouping of friends together, average qualities of some leagues are higher than the others, and I heard a few complaints about unfair league drawing. I could not remember any manager expressed desire to group similar quality teams in the same league. Probably some managers did but I did not note this. Otherwise, it should be the decision of Nordeus to make leagues with more severe competition so as to stimulate use of tokens.

Personally, I accept different methods of drawings so far I noticed. I just hope league prize or sponsorship will reflect average qualities of the league to make the arrangement fairer.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 07-30-2015 at 09:09 AM.
    khris likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast