Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Youth Academy

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Gert Funck View Post
    with a few modifications the Academy could be awesome IMO.

- lower youngster age to range 16-19
    - change quality range to 3-5 star
    - make price for promoting to first team max 10 token for a 5 star
    - make a list to select between and or dump from academy
    - try out talents in few games before promoting them
    I like the last 2 suggestions. Allowing trying out academy players in friendly matches is reasonable.

But I think starting with 2 star 0 token academy player is more reasonable.

If there are 5 star academy players, I suggest reducing the number of 5 star Norgen. Otherwise it is too easy to create full 5 or above star teams.
    t11_fan likes this.

The youth system is designed to make nordeus more money, not for us to improve our team. I tend to release the expensive academy players and promote the free just to put him straight on the transfer market. I'm sure, those players I release end up on the transfer market anyway. A youth player is a youth player so it doesn't matter if it's from your team or not. It's what keeps the transfer market going.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Merchant View Post
    ......I tend to release the expensive academy players and promote the free just to put him straight on the transfer market. I'm sure, those players I release end up on the transfer market anyway......
    Just a very minor question. Have you ever seen these released academy players again?

Once releasing those expensive academy players, I cannot inquire the current status of those players even though their names still appear in relevant news in my news section. I always think those players have already been written off.
    Bunzo likes this.

my experience with academy players is a positive one.
    my second club is third level and when I started this club I decided that I will get academy players ( with tokens ). downfall is because club has poor infrastructure I have to wait 24 days for a new player but so far all players I have taken were fast trainers and in solid form.
    example:
    I pay 15-24 tokens for an academy player and I get 18 years old fast trainer. If I were to go the other way and convert those tokens in money, I have to pay the money I got from tokens, give 3-5 tokens on auction if I'm lucky and possibly get a slow trainer.
    So, for all of you who are starting this game take academy players because you won't regret it.
    ФК МЕДАК II - 62 x Liga; 33 x Liga Sampiona; 21 x Kup; 3 x Super Liga: 2 x Super Kup
    nastupi: Frisanco (AMR) 771, golovi: Frisanco (AMR) 768; asistencije: Frisanco (AMR) 522

Famous
    I think good youth academy system should be so designed that there are reasonable chances that many teams will keep some of their academy players who will form a part of the team for some season. At present, I believe most of the token-required academy players are released and most of the token-free academy players are signed but sold quickly.

I may not be a easy task to design a good young academy system. But I hope Nordeus use more of their wisdom on this to improve the game.

I suddenly have a idea. The academy players can be under youth for a certain period, say 2 weeks or even 1 season, for nil token. When youth contract expired, the team can decide to sign them or not with token as cost. With this arrangement, we can at least use the academy players for a period and have a chance to try if they fit the need of the team.
    Gert Funck and LeManiaque like this.

The youth system is a joke at the moment , but i like the similar idea of above that there could be an advantage for buying a youth player from the system maybe thee fast trainer trait on Position stats ie. if you took a 3-4 star centerback he could have a training advantage in , tackling , heading , strength , posistioning , marking. That might make a little bit of sub project for a manager. but i can get 4 star youth players for way cheaper from the market 1 token as no one bids for them. If listed they could also sell for a lot more on the market and the manager could get tokens back if they sell for large token prices on the market.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12