Youth Academy it"s a Joke

Why:

1- Cost lost of investments for building

2- Development takes 12 days

3- At lvl 10 never a good 5 star youth player

4- We must pay tokens ( 26 tokens for a 4*) Ridiculous joke from Nordeus

We put much effort and money in it

takes lots of Time

Why not Tokens (Dependings on Star-rating /example 4* cost 6 Tokens) with a good wage like there is in the Transfer Negotiations (5* 18 years 10 Tokens)

Because they come from own Youth-Academy (little bit cheaper in tokens)

(Most of the manager"s release them now they become on the transfermarkt and in the middle/end of the season you can get them for 1 tokens if you are active)

This way Nordeus get some tokens and the Managers are more happy

So every one is Happy
    Last edited by Buster Keaton; 08-02-2015 at 10:18 AM.
    Buffs Mad likes this.

The benefit of Youths from academy is supposed to be that there is no transfer fee. I could accept that if the output of Token players was raised by 5Q and it was therefore a more competitive choice versus transfers.

Many possible solutons but the common theme imo is Academy output needs a change.

VIP
    They are losing BIG money with their awful youth system... and not only that... They are losing BIG money in almost every aspect of this game... When I say "losing", I mean, they are not making as much money as they could...

Famous
    Now the token cost of academy player is already dependent on the quality of the players. For example, high 4* players and low 4* players may cost 24 and 12 tokens respectively while 2* players are always free in token. But I support lowering the general token cost on academy players.

I never notice any 5* academy player. I think this is reasonable as newly promoted young players usually have not yet fully met highest quality (i.e. 5*) in the first team. But they have potential to improve up to there soon.

I hope there will be more academy players for selection, say increase from 2 to 5. These players' qualities may range from 2* to 4*. Token cost will still relate to players' qualities. There will be some 3* players whose cost are a few tokens that even 35T manager may consider affordable. Such token cost is similar to those requiring for bidding free agent players. This can be new option for managers and chance for Nordeus to earn more tokens. Besides, with more players available, there will higher chances that some academy players' positions fit the teams' need. If Nordeus want to restrict the number of academy player to be signed to 2, I think this is acceptable even though it is not realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    Now the token cost of academy player is already dependent on the quality of the players. For example, high 4* players and low 4* players may cost 24 and 12 tokens respectively while 2* players are always free in token. But I support lowering the general token cost on academy players.

I never notice any 5* academy player. I think this is reasonable as newly promoted young players usually have not yet fully met highest quality (i.e. 5*) in the first team. But they have potential to improve up to there soon.

I hope there will be more academy players for selection, say increase from 2 to 5. These players' qualities may range from 2* to 4*. Token cost will still relate to players' qualities. There will be some 3* players whose cost are a few tokens that even 35T manager may consider affordable. Such token cost is similar to those requiring for bidding free agent players. This can be new option for managers and chance for Nordeus to earn more tokens. Besides, with more players available, there will higher chances that some academy players' positions fit the teams' need. If Nordeus want to restrict the number of academy player to be signed to 2, I think this is acceptable even though it is not realistic.
    Agreed but I just support the increasing a quality rather than necessarily reducing the T unless ofc the T cost was reduced significantly to overcome the gap.

When it comes to the choice of a fast trainer my choice is 5* NordGem, 5* TM player from a higher level's Academy or 4* 24T Academy (or lower on a sliding scale).

There is the reality v gameplay argument and equivalent cost. Academy players are high T and no cash cost. NordGems are low T and high Cash cost. The difference between even a Bank Loan funded NordGem/Higher Level Academy player and Own Academy recruit is still not enough to overcome the Q gap imo (and should anyway be slanted in the other direction). After all we get far more opportunities at a 5* fast trainer on the TM than we do a 4* home-grown talent.

Obviously the benefits and potential costs change the higher you go particularly after the MV capping is reached with a less certain purchase and a host of other perspectives like expectations/aspirations/ambitions but......

The question for me remains why can a manager get a higher quality 18 yo from the TM and have more choice than they can produce for themselves.

No right or wrong answer and I don't mean you're wrong, its just this Academy imbalance is a long standing irritation from my own perspective. I want them but I can't justify buying them again....yet.

I think you're right. It is easy to buy a same quality player (fast trainer, young, low wage) on the Transfer market by costing 5/6 tokens and some money (money is more affordable than 20 tokens).....

hmm, think I skipped or missed the point of the OPs idea because of my own irritation with the system. So apologies to Buster.

Still not sure I can follow it (probably my fault) but the part about Negotiations steered me towards thinking that (as well as upping the Q rating of the output or lowering the Q cost).......

When the Academy produces a Token youth you could either sign him or hold for a period (say 14 days).

During the holding period the player would appear in the negotiations list and the selling Club would get a cut of the Token fee.

No takers = released.

If that's what you meant Buster (or close to it) then its a thumbs up from me.

Buff i like your idea is different from mine

but i mean there is no balance

Why can we buy a youth 5* on the Negotiations list for minimal 10 Tokens

and we must pay for our own youth from Academy a 4 * 24/26 Tokens its quit a different

if we go to the Negotiations where we can buy a 5* 18 years at minimal 10 token and we bid 20 Tokens probally the other player/manager agree with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xACJjQpVBM video explaining Negotations
    Last edited by Buster Keaton; 08-03-2015 at 01:44 PM.
    Buffs Mad likes this.

Youth players from the academy is a 'joke'. Why can't teams have 5-star and above youth players from the academy? The equivalent for real-life academy in this game is the place where 5 star 18 year old players (nordgens) come from, except that the academy is not yours and you have to bid and compete with other users to get a player.

There are so many wrong things in this game; among are excessive injuries, strange results, and the quality of players coming from the academy (including their cost).
    Last edited by Tactician; 08-04-2015 at 11:00 AM.

with a few modifications the Academy could be awesome IMO.

- lower youngster age to range 16-19
    - change quality range to 3-5 star
    - make price for promoting to first team max 10 token for a 5 star
    - make a list to select between and or dump from academy
    - try out talents in few games before promoting them

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast