Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Do away with levels TOTALLY

Dreamer

Do away with levels TOTALLY

With the new transfer system in place, the absolute quality of a player has become cosmetic.
    What matters is the percentage quality of a player, which then gets translated to absolute quality based on the level of the manager buying the player.
    Why have such confusion?
    Why not do away with the concept of "levels" totally.
    This way, for all teams on the server, you have the potential to face any other team in league, Cup or CL.
    I feel this will make for a very exciting league, every season, as you have the potential to face new opponents every time.
    It will reduce the monotony of having the same opponents in all competitions every single season.
    No promotion, No relegation, so all teams can be docked 20% at the start of a new season.
    This also helps to solve the problem of tanking teams having unbelievably high % ratings.
    maloukees likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gamer5289 View Post
    With the new transfer system in place, the absolute quality of a player has become cosmetic.
    What matters is the percentage quality of a player, which then gets translated to absolute quality based on the level of the manager buying the player.
    Why have such confusion?
    Why not do away with the concept of "levels" totally.
    This way, for all teams on the server, you have the potential to face any other team in league, Cup or CL.
    I feel this will make for a very exciting league, every season, as you have the potential to face new opponents every time.
    It will reduce the monotony of having the same opponents in all competitions every single season.
    No promotion, No relegation, so all teams can be docked 20% at the start of a new season.
    This also helps to solve the problem of tanking teams having unbelievably high % ratings.
    Oh my god. This better be satire...
    DRAGONS SC

THE PERMANENT END

Dreamer

No mate, Im serious about it.
    Im kind of tired of facing the same opponents in league, cup and CL and would definitely like a change.
    Associations are exciting because you face a different team each time. (They just need to fix the match engine though)
    What do you achieve by having levels?
    Just separation of teams on a server?
    Why separate them if you can club them and using a good algorithm make exciting league draws every season.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    It's not so bad idea @jcohen42
    meaning I 'm playing for my lv31 championship with lv40 or lv15 managers.
    If I win, I 'm the champion of my LV31 League.
    If the LV40 manager wins, he 'll be the champion of his LV40 league.

But there are few problems.

- People need some more adaptation.
    Even if it was a year passed after the associations, I still can see many people who don't understand the new auctions system.
    How the same player is 100 q for their team but 50 q for another manager or 200 q for a higher lv manager.
    Or how a manager from a lower/starting lv can pay 100 M' for a player.

- Finance need an adjustment.
    At lower levels it's very poor.

- The game play must have less randomness.
    In asso games, many results have no sense (much more than the other official games)

- The league must have a variety of qualities and not all league teams with the same one.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Let nordeus first make the game steady without lot of bugs

after every update we get more bugs

Just keep it simple make the game steady and then implant new improvements

and now we get new improvement with more bugs

and make also the servers steady

Im sure this is the way Nordeus are heading,
    First Associations then this transfer system you just know what way it´s heading..

Look, if they do away with levels totally, there is no point to being a long-term player. The entire purpose of playing year after year was moving up and playing tougher opposition. By getting rid of that, you are basically turning Top Eleven into a short-term adventure; you come in, you play a couple seasons, you get bored since you're not actually going anywhere, and you quit.

I know the new auction system has caused me to begin the quitting process; I have already uninstalled the app from my phone, and I only go on using my PC every so often now. If they were to remove levels altogether, I would quit on the spot. That is completely unacceptable and I am appalled anyone is actually entertaining the idea...
    LeManiaque and Gert Funck like this.
    DRAGONS SC

THE PERMANENT END

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    It's not so bad idea @jcohen42
    meaning I 'm playing for my lv31 championship with lv40 or lv15 managers.
    If I win, I 'm the champion of my LV31 League.
    If the LV40 manager wins, he 'll be the champion of his LV40 league.

But there are few problems.

- People need some more adaptation.
    Even if it was a year passed after the associations, I still can see many people who don't understand the new auctions system.
    How the same player is 100 q for their team but 50 q for another manager or 200 q for a higher lv manager.
    Or how a manager from a lower/starting lv can pay 100 M' for a player.

- Finance need an adjustment.
    At lower levels it's very poor.

- The game play must have less randomness.
    In asso games, many results have no sense (much more than the other official games)

- The league must have a variety of qualities and not all league teams with the same one.
    @Niko
    I feel it would be better to remove the levels totally. All are at same Level X (preferably a higher level).
    Adaptation time, finances and quality variation between teams in league....I agree with all of them.
    Randomness in game..... Do you remember how you would get huge wins at lower levels.
    I feel the randomness in association matches is partly due to the fact that the match engine tries to normalize the teams to level 1.
    At lower levels, if you play matches between teams differing by 5%, you would see crazy scorelines.
    Im managing a new team at level 3 and can attest to this.
    This sort of craziness is lower at higher levels...partly because the managers are more experienced and also since the absolute attributes of players are much higher.
    So, the randomness can definitely be reduced by having the match engine normalize the teams to a higher level.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzo View Post
    Im sure this is the way Nordeus are heading,
    First Associations then this transfer system you just know what way it´s heading..
    @Bunzo
    I feel that too mate and I would be pleased to see it

Quote Originally Posted by jcohen42 View Post
    Look, if they do away with levels totally, there is no point to being a long-term player. The entire purpose of playing year after year was moving up and playing tougher opposition. By getting rid of that, you are basically turning Top Eleven into a short-term adventure; you come in, you play a couple seasons, you get bored since you're not actually going anywhere, and you quit.
    @jcohen
    What do you mean by "moving up and playing tougher and tougher opposition".
    By having levels you get clubbed with the same teams over and over again.
    My main team is at level 18, and Im facing the atleast 5-6 opponents in league every season for last 4 seasons.
    This makes the league kinda boring. You know what to expect.
    Now, if you were to face 13 totally different teams every season, wouldnt that be more challenging?

Tell me what exactly a "level" signifies for managers.
    Do you gain anything extra by gaining a level?
    I certainly dont think so.
    Then why have it in the first place.
    Cope King likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gamer5289 View Post
    @jcohen
    What do you mean by "moving up and playing tougher and tougher opposition".
    By having levels you get clubbed with the same teams over and over again.
    My main team is at level 18, and Im facing the atleast 5-6 opponents in league every season for last 4 seasons.
    This makes the league kinda boring. You know what to expect.
    Now, if you were to face 13 totally different teams every season, wouldnt that be more challenging?

Tell me what exactly a "level" signifies for managers.
    Do you gain anything extra by gaining a level?
    I certainly dont think so.
    Then why have it in the first place.
    It is obvious we have a fundamental disagreement here, so I will not attempt to convince you any one way; I am merely going to tell you my philosophy.

Yes, you get matched up with the same clubs frequently. However, these clubs have different players, which can result in different tactics and different types of battles. It's like a chess match between managers; how do you try to get the upper hand over your rivals? Maybe you learn something from them the last time you've played them. Personally, I find rematches highly engaging and interesting. One way to put this is: do you think Barcelona and Real Madrid get tired of playing each other? No, they play each other because their matches make each other better, and the storylines from season to season between them are compelling.

What a level signifies to me is that it represents how often you have performed well in the League. It is a source of accomplishment to have a higher level, because it means that you've performed well for many seasons. While it doesn't change the mechanics of the game itself, it means that you're playing other managers who have also gone through the struggle of advancing to these higher levels, and so the competition keeps getting tighter as you have to beat other managers who are more and more experienced. I am a big fan of this incremental challenge, and it is pretty much the main reason why I have played this long.

I think there are some points that you make that are valid. I think Nordeus could do more to shake up the Leagues, since there are often lots of managers on one level that you never get matched with because of quality. However, I would much prefer to have the current system, where you develop relationships and rivalries with other teams as you compete with them more, as opposed to a system where you just match up against teams at random, and you never have an opportunity to really build anything meaningful with any of them.
    DRAGONS SC

THE PERMANENT END

How about your club lvl up at the same time your players skill gain 10% instead of losing 20%.

Like a lvl 1 club start his journey with 18 yo 4* (40%) players, no need to train, no need green, just play the match
    then when the players retirement time comes (at the age of 30) they and club looks like as follows :

lvl |age | * | %
    1 |18 |3 |40
    2 |19 |3+ |50
    3 |20 |4 |60
    4 |21 |4+ |70
    5 |22 |5 |80
    6 |23 |5+ |90
    7 |24 |6 |100
    8 |25 |6+ |110
    9 |26 |7 |120
    10 |27 |7+ |130
    11 |28 |8 |140
    12 |29 |8+ |150
    13 |30 |9 |160 retire
    14~
    n higher always 30 yo 160% or 29 yo 150% players, they need to buy players every after 2 seasons or every season.

if you still want the skill gain by training and playing match, then make the system that player can't gain more than 10% a season, so at the end of season club lvl up, players also lvl up (10%). A lvl 1 club can't buy higher lvl player but can buy lower player, exm: lvl 9 club can buy 120% or lower but can't buy 130% or higher.

win-win, all happy, cheers
    Last edited by ibangali; 05-24-2017 at 07:11 AM.
    I can fight against a real player but can't fight against game engine (troll).
    Trolling ruin the game fun and all efforts.
    We play for fun not frustration.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast