Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Friends benefits

Friends benefits

Playing for a chance to play in the cup final over the next few days & up pops a friend request from my opponent! Don't want to sound rude but does that benefit him if I accept. Would he be able to see all my league matches & give him an edge?

He could friendly you over and over using his second team and tire your first team out?

I don't play friendly matches for that reason, usually the cup & CL give you enough to think about, don't you agree?

But that's what he could be doing, if he challenges you to a friendly at the soonest possible time you have like 10 seconds to cancel it or something

Quote Originally Posted by RSoul View Post
    He could friendly you over and over using his second team and tire your first team out?
    That is true. But Croft could also do the same to him. So its swings and roundabouts. I've picked up many in-game friends through requests during competitions.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Apprentice
    I saw the 3rd placed team in our league have two friendlies played within 30mins of his league match. Some people are just downright gits.

Apprentice
    Your first 4 or 5 seasons be careful but as you play the real player stay and the noobs leave then you can usualy trust friend requests

It wouldn't directly benefit him, any more than it would you. Anything he can do or see, so can you. Maybe he's a genuinely nice guy who wants to swap booster packs with you, or maybe he wants to use his 2nd team to try to hamstring you. It's hard to tell, but on a personal note I've never had a problem with unwanted friendlies, so I tend to trust people.

*Edit* When I first read the thread title, I thought we were talking 'Friends with benefits' and I was thinking "That's a whole different game, Crofty!"
    Last edited by Mr Mercury; 06-23-2013 at 06:34 PM.

i would not add him as friend. made this 1 time and then he just cheated on me with a friendly to loose the next match. Then he quitted the Friendship. So i will not do it again ...

When I was in season 4, I received a friend request from a manager that was not only in my league, but my CL competition as well. I was advised on here, not to accept and that he was just doing it to play unwanted friendlies against me. After weighing up the request, I took a chance and accepted. Best thing I've ever done. We have become firm friends (and indeed found each other on Fb as well). Its now 8 seasons later, and we've played in the same league together on 6 of those seasons, plus in same CL and Cup competitions. I very seldom beat him (PTO ALCUDIA), but we support each other as often as we can.
    thon and jklm_37 like this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast