Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Anyone wanna tanking this season?

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadowskianaya View Post
    something i dont understand here, i have 21 players, if i take break so my team will play with itself so maybe they will win and get a 7th position so i want to tank but my team win and will get level up.and also i dont understand how the team will change into illegal while i have normal teams with 21 players???and from where they will retire 3* players?the oldest player in my team have 29y... sorry about my english and thanks for answering on my questions
    Buy **** players to lose on purpose and discard some of your existing reserve/subs and then train your main squad players but you don't play them, you also play illegal formations (i.e 2 defenders or no striker) and all players OOP so you lose every game.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    I'd think it would be best to make the decision after you have played R13, then it's fairer on every other team in the league then because everyone would of played you once as active and once being tanked.
    yea, I guess you're right, but it could be too late and I can end up finishing 7th or something and then it'll really suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan O'Bree View Post
    very wrong. You might tank due to having a not enough strong team to compete in the current season. Not tanking but being promoted means you'll end up with even less quality hence less competitivity in the new season.

If someone is not a t-buyer, it's very difficult to rebuild a team whole: you might get 3-4 transfers if you are lucky but those won't be enough to grant a strong main 11.

Tanking the season makes you able to buy players even for one token nearing half or season's end without having to worry about losing a star or having better options in few days. You will then have an extra season to train them, and you'll arrive on the next level with a strong team.

My friend baku storm did exactly the same and built a team full of 18 and 19 yo in S5, tanking. Now he's lv6 with 20 yo players between 5* and 6*, without having to spend a single token for PT or any else. His quality is still 5-15 higher then the other teams.
    I think tanking is wrong as a concept
    i admire people who had lower Quality side than mine and give me a great run for my money .. i will do the same too..
    is about winning without relying on how strong your side is and more of how good manager you are
    Last edited by shwanko07; 07-06-2013 at 08:45 PM.
    magic3 likes this.
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Quote Originally Posted by Maor23 View Post
    yea, I guess you're right, but it could be too late and I can end up finishing 7th or something and then it'll really suck.
    But you would be in a rather poor league position to begin with to consider tanking at halfway through the season.

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    But you would be in a rather poor league position to begin with to consider tanking at halfway through the season.
    based on my quality I should be in one of the top 5 spots.
    based on my managerial skills, I should be in the top 3.
    based on this game and the **** random results, I'm 8th after 5 matches.

go figure what's actually considered as a poor league position.. to me, anything but first.

So far, my tanking has been quite successful. 13th place, with 2 draws and 3 losses from 5 league games. I won my first 2 rounds in the Cup and now preparing for the 3rd round.
    Ljepoje likes this.

Dreamer
    today i had draw with the weakest team in league.so can i tank league but play in CL?i want to win CL in this season because if i tank season so i will not play in CL next season,what i must do now?
    LEVEL 10, SEASON 10:-
    Level 1, Season 1: League 1st.
    Level 2, Season 2: League 3rd, CL 2nd
    Level 3, Season 3: League 1st, CL 3rd
    Level 4, Season 4: League 1st, CL 1st
    Level 5, Season 5: League 1st.
    Level 6, Season 6: League 1st, CL 2nd
    Level 7, Season 7: League 1st, CL 1st. CUP 1/8 knockout
    Level 8, Season 8: League 1st.
    Level 9, Season 9: League 2nd (by goals(( ), CL 3rd
    Level 10, Season 10: League 1st, CL 1st (undefeated with 13wins)

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadowskianaya View Post
    today i had draw with the weakest team in league.so can i tank league but play in CL?i want to win CL in this season because if i tank season so i will not play in CL next season,what i must do now?
    Tank the league but play your best in the CL.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by ew11 View Post
    Tank the league but play your best in the CL.
    okey i will tank league this season,i hope that i will not regret this decision
    LEVEL 10, SEASON 10:-
    Level 1, Season 1: League 1st.
    Level 2, Season 2: League 3rd, CL 2nd
    Level 3, Season 3: League 1st, CL 3rd
    Level 4, Season 4: League 1st, CL 1st
    Level 5, Season 5: League 1st.
    Level 6, Season 6: League 1st, CL 2nd
    Level 7, Season 7: League 1st, CL 1st. CUP 1/8 knockout
    Level 8, Season 8: League 1st.
    Level 9, Season 9: League 2nd (by goals(( ), CL 3rd
    Level 10, Season 10: League 1st, CL 1st (undefeated with 13wins)

Quote Originally Posted by Maor23 View Post
    based on my quality I should be in one of the top 5 spots.
    based on my managerial skills, I should be in the top 3.
    based on this game and the **** random results, I'm 8th after 5 matches.

go figure what's actually considered as a poor league position.. to me, anything but first.
    A poor league position would really be finishing OUTSIDE the top 4 (which would be 5,6 or 7) and would result in a promoting non-CL next season.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast