Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Issues with opponents getting stronger after red cards

Rookie

Issues with opponents getting stronger after red cards

Just had two ridiculous results in successive matches in the CL. First match was the final group game, teams fairly evenly matched. For their team see screenshot 1. At 1-0 to the away side they then get 2 red cards by 49th minute (screenshot 2), so are playing 2-4-2 with holes in CM and centre of defence. Opposition manager keeps the same formation, the final score? 2-1 to them.

Next game in CL, I'm at home and 3-1 up when in 55th minute they go down to 10 men as one of their two CB is sent off. I keep same tactics (hard attacking, press over whole pitch) and so do the opposition as the manager isn't present. The final result? 3-4 to them.

What a joke!!! Red cards make the opposition better?! WTF?!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Issues with opponents getting stronger after red cards-image.jpg   Issues with opponents getting stronger after red cards-image.jpg   Issues with opponents getting stronger after red cards-image.jpg   Issues with opponents getting stronger after red cards-image.jpg   Issues with opponents getting stronger after red cards-image.jpg  

Issues with opponents getting stronger after red cards-image.jpg   Issues with opponents getting stronger after red cards-image.jpg  

Apprentice
    You have my sympathy, but have not come across this very often myself. Twice I can think of, once against and once for.

I've read about it, though. Is this an actual confirmed bug?

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I don't know if it is a bug or poor programming in the short handed situations. I find that an unreplaced injured guy can have a similar effect, like they have too much possession or something.

I have to agree it doesn't happen super often, but it shouldn't be at all.
    khris likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rookie
    Stuff like this makes me wonder if it's worth building my team, training my players, setting my tactics etc. when I get screwed over through situations like this. Whenever I go down to 10 men and try and change my tactics the opposition inevitably score, seems the thing to do is do nothing and the game engine will compensate for the lost player (and then some!)

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    I don't know if it is a bug or poor programming in the short handed situations. I find that an unreplaced injured guy can have a similar effect, like they have too much possession or something.

I have to agree it doesn't happen super often, but it shouldn't be at all.
    Last season..my opponent has 2 red cards for both of his MCs..He played 4-1dmc-2mcs-3sts from minute 14 and 33...and you know what, he scored 2-0 till 75th minutes..I only managed to get a draw when the match finish...that's how this Nordeus programmed the game...

Typical.

By the way, what program do you use in your phone to take screenshots?

Rookie
    Issues with opponents getting stronger after red cards-image.jpgIssues with opponents getting stronger after red cards-image.jpg

OMFG complete p!55 take - these are my next two matches. In the first one I was up against a much weaker team, albeit with my second XI. In the second game, in truth the game wasn't going well but this has truly ended the tie.

Are Nordeus doing anything about this?! Can I move this thread to the bugs forum somehow?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic View Post
    Typical.

By the way, what program do you use in your phone to take screenshots?
    Just using the standard screenshot method on my ipad, can do the same on my android. Just hold down various buttons or type it into google.
    Celtic likes this.

Off topic - I find swiping the screen to take screenshot is cool... lol

Anyway, yes, sometimes it happens. Very annoying. I experienced losing to a team after they have an unsubstituted injured player and they came back to win. lol. Shouldnt happen.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Famous
    Meanwhile, in 'real life'.........
    In the Premier League between 1992 and 2000, for instance, a side that was drawing when they had a man sent off went on to win the game 11.8% of the time if the red card happened in the first hour, 3.7% if it happened between 60 and 80 minutes, and 4.5% if it happened after 80 minutes. Looking at the top divisions in England, Spain, Italy, Germany and France since the start of 2006-07, those figures are 13.4% for up to an hour, 8.1% for 60-80 minutes and 4.9% for after 80 minutes.

Between 1992 and 2000 in the Premier League, teams losing when they had a man sent off went on to draw or win 11.1% of the time if the red card happened before the hour, 5.9% if it happened between 60 and 80 minutes, and 4.8% if it came after 80 minutes; in the top five European leagues since the start of 2006-07, the figures are 11.5% for a red card in the first hour; 11.4% for a red card between 60 and 80 minutes; and 2.7% for a card after 80 minutes. So there is a slight but distinct trend suggesting having a man sent off is no longer quite such a negative as it was.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast