Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: terrible efficiency

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    When you.replaced the players did you buy HOTPROSPECTS? If not you have probably bought slow poor trainers and this could explain why your not getting alot of goals.You have not changed your formation? or bought older players?.

i had 2 youngsters , but they did not score a goal in almost 10 games so i sold them and bought 23 and 25 year olds , but they also were terrible . now i have 23,27,28 and 29 year old strikers .my team average is 24 years old , so that should not be a problem. also i play same two formations i played all the seasons so far

maybe i am not destined to win anything this season hehe

It´s happening the same with me.I used to score plenty of goals and conceed at least one or two.For example,a had 5 or 6 games that i won 5-2 last season.At the start of this new one,i adquired better and faster defenders and i started to score the same average of goals (5 our 6) and stopped conceding.I had 7 games and conceeded only one goal.I was pretty happy...but now things are different.I score less goals and i conceed goals in all matches..and my possession usually is higher but the shooting is less and even the ones that i have are always wide.8(
    It cost me my first defeat at champions with a score of 2-1 away.And i am not even using the argument that the teams are equal valued or inferior of my own,i am just simply stating that it´s happening and i dont see the reason.The players are almoust the same,the tactics are the same,my manegment is the same...i can only say that things are what they are.We cant all be number one and have all the better squad.Something in the programm make´s things balanced,i think...they say "you have to spend token´s!"hehehehehe!!
    Dalibor ZP likes this.

well , my shots did not drop but efficiency did by a lot .as you say , shots always wide. i also dont expect to beat everybody. just want to know why is this happening all of sudden

I have the same problem. I used to score 100+ goals and have 10 goals against me in a season. My efficiency was always above 25%. In competition i have every time close wins, while my team is very much stronger than the other. In champions league my opponent shouldn't have any chance against me but i lost 3-1. I had like 67% possesion but i just cant score. It seems like i cant get my efficiency above 15% while my opponent always have +30% efficiency. I just dont get it. In the cup and cl my team is just big ****...

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Dalibor ZP View Post
    well , my shots did not drop but efficiency did by a lot .as you say , shots always wide. i also dont expect to beat everybody. just want to know why is this happening all of sudden
    I cant help on that matter since i am new in this game (only 3 seasons played)...but i would like to know and understand the reasons so i could override them.And i tryied everything,even changing my tactics a little in some easyer games..
    I´ll give you an example:i played against this team twice already in the league and in the first match of the season i´ve beaten this team 10-0 with 22shots/11 on goal...i played against them today (it seems that he or she doesn´t play anymore since is line-up formation has two goalkeepers of the squad playing in the midfield?!?! and the gk is an mc)and the result was 5-0!!?!I had 23 shots/13 on goal and i scored 5?!?With a team that doesn´t have a true gk on the goal line?!?!?

Apprentice
    No offence, guys, but it sounds to me like you had good runs for a long time and have simply come up against better quality opposition. Certainly that's the case in the CL and Cup, as you tend to find that good, knowledgeable managers are usually in the later stages.

However, that being said, I've noticed a lot more 'missed chances' of late. It may have something to do with the lower scores people are seeing...you still have the same amount of possession/shots/dominance, but score fewer goals, hence lower efficiency stats. To be fair, people were winning 10-0, or better, regularly and that's not very realistic, is it?

But I have also had strikers who started a season on fire and finished it not being able to hit the side of a barn. I usually go on ratings and trust that the goals will return if the performances are good enough. However, that's your decision. You could sell and replace. Either way is a risk.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Raul J. Nunes View Post
    I´ll give you an example:i played against this team twice already in the league and in the first match of the season i´ve beaten this team 10-0 with 22shots/11 on goal...i played against them today (it seems that he or she doesn´t play anymore since is line-up formation has two goalkeepers of the squad playing in the midfield?!?! and the gk is an mc)and the result was 5-0!!?!I had 23 shots/13 on goal and i scored 5?!?With a team that doesn´t have a true gk on the goal line?!?!?
    You only won 5-0? You poor thing. Perhaps I can offer you a hug?

Be grateful they were able to field a team...teams that poor often can't...and then you get a 3-0 victory. I won the league 4 seasons ago because I beat a team 11-0 and my friend was 'gifted' a 3-0 and then I won by 4 goals on GD. He was justifiably annoyed.
    That is unlucky. Winning 5-0 isn't something you should be upset about.

well i had better quality opposition last couple seasons and i did not have such problems scoring goals . i am not expecting to win 6, 7 or 10:0 . the problem is in nearly all games i have lot of shots , clear chances , but my strikers keep missing everything

in 30 games this season i scored 56 goals . thats very bad . i never had such a poor streak of results

Quote Originally Posted by russ2000_uk View Post
    You only won 5-0? You poor thing. Perhaps I can offer you a hug?

Be grateful they were able to field a team...teams that poor often can't...and then you get a 3-0 victory. I won the league 4 seasons ago because I beat a team 11-0 and my friend was 'gifted' a 3-0 and then I won by 4 goals on GD. He was justifiably annoyed.
    That is unlucky. Winning 5-0 isn't something you should be upset about.
    A hug?!Why not?!If it helps my strikers scoring,i´m up for it!hehehehe!!!
    Now,serious.I was just making a point that at first,with the same team,i made 22 shots(11 on goal) and scored 10 and now with 23 shots (13 on goal) i scored only 5. So that is a good way to see how my atack is doing at this point,nothing else.I often see my matches so i can say for fact that they miss a lot of chances...and it´s not for lack of quality,something else is making a difference.And the excuse "better quality opossition" isn´t valid in this example...and in the other matches that i played and they missed quite of chances,i had games that i won with my defenders scoring in a counter...wtf?!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast