Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Should there be a limit to how much real money you can spend?

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Vernersson View Post
    She is lvl 31 and i bet she has walked the long road. If you are active, its no reason why she wouldn't have 9* star players. I'm on my way to get 7* players and i am only lvl 2. Not 31 as she is.
    Correction: If you are active and buy tokens / farm them on a massive scale...
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5
    League Winners Levels: 1, 2, 3 & 4
    Champions League Winners Levels 2 & 3
    Double X 2 (League and Champions League), Levels: 2 & 3

Murray to win Wimbledon!

Quote Originally Posted by John Naish View Post
    Correction: If you are active and buy tokens / farm them on a massive scale...
    I am active and i buy tokens once per season so they last. But i dont farm, since i dont even know what that means.
    Club: For My Stephanie
    League Champions (Season 5 - Level 5.)
    League Champions (Season 4 - Level 4.)
    Double = League & CL Champions (Season 3 - Level 3.)
    Double = League & CL Champions (Season 2 - Level 2.)
    League Champions (Season 1 - Level 1.)
    SERVER : 86
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...dish-team.html <--- My Team's Showcase.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Vernersson View Post
    I am active and i buy tokens once per season so they last. But i dont farm, since i dont even know what that means.
    It means aggressively using lots of offers to get free tokens.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5
    League Winners Levels: 1, 2, 3 & 4
    Champions League Winners Levels 2 & 3
    Double X 2 (League and Champions League), Levels: 2 & 3

Murray to win Wimbledon!

Quote Originally Posted by John Naish View Post
    It means aggressively using lots of offers to get free tokens.
    Well, i used those for iphone and t-shirt since i was going to fix that anyhow. And my gf is a successful hairdresser so she will order "cards" same there - why not do it from the page since that is one of the offers. It doesnt mean that i farm tokens. But instead of order those things normally, why not do it from the page if u get free tokens? It's not like I live on that offer page lol If i want tokens, i buy them. NP.
    Club: For My Stephanie
    League Champions (Season 5 - Level 5.)
    League Champions (Season 4 - Level 4.)
    Double = League & CL Champions (Season 3 - Level 3.)
    Double = League & CL Champions (Season 2 - Level 2.)
    League Champions (Season 1 - Level 1.)
    SERVER : 86
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...dish-team.html <--- My Team's Showcase.

Quote Originally Posted by masterlin View Post
    Tell me, is winning with 22 9* players fun? Where's the managing?

Are you playing the "Manager" game?
    Does it look like I've got 22 players at 9*?

Besides I have a major competitor that also has 7,8,9 stars players in his team too.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

What you should ask yourself is what your target is each season?

Is it worth spending money to achieve a pixel on a screen that says you have won a virtual trophy or not?

I do think that without spending any money or even farming it is quite easy to be competitive enough to finish in a top 7 position most seasons, with maybe a season of tanking or failing every few months.

What you should think about is if you are level 10 for example, you could literally spend thousands on a team to get every player to be 9 star - yet someone at level 13 who has never spent a single penny would be able to have a better team than you. Someone at level 20 would have a better team than you regardless.

At the top end of the server teams are being denied promotion due to there not being enough teams to create a higher league. If you get past level 30 then chances are soon you are going to be held back due to this. So the question should be is it worth spending money on a game where the top level is still achievable for everyone over time without spending money - and spending money won't get you to that top level any quicker?

The game has too many faults in it to make it worth spending money on in my opinion. I could understand someone spending the odd £10 here or there for a bit of fun, but when I see some people who have devoted a hell of a lot of money to get teams full of 9 star players I actually think its quite tragic. I had a team in my league a few seasons ago that did that. He finished first in the league, I finished second. We both got promoted. 4 months later he has given up and his team is now a dead one. The money he spent on that team to get that first place is now nothing but a waste.
    Staggy Stagg and Mr. Marco like this.

Apprentice
    I think it's important to remember that, no matter how good the teams you face in the league/CL, the Cup puts you against teams of a similar quality (squad, not first team) so you have a chance to win a trophy.

It's also important to remember that 'scout' list players will stay in your team 4-5 seasons, at the most, if you are getting promoted every year and aim for a 5* squad by the end of each season. Therefore, if you're spending $100, that puts you ahead of your competitors for a couple of seasons, but then you need to spend another $100...

If that's how you choose to spend your money, good for you. I'll feed my son, decorate my house and farm the tokens, because that's my priority. My friend spends £70 on here every month, without fail. We're in the same league/CL and he beats me, maybe, 60% of the time. But it costs him a lot to do it.

The crucial thing to remember is that having the best team doesn't guarantee success...a fact which upsets many T11 players. And 'scout' list players aren't guaranteed performers, either. There are, so they say, around 15% of these players who are duds. I've had several. It's annoying, but it's the game.

Also, I'm willing to bet those who spend more money on tokens get more injuries (a leveller in the game) and buy more treatments.

But I agree that there should be no limit. I've never seen a maximum spend sign in a shop and that's what the T11 token tab is.

This is a monetizing app for Facebook, don't be naive. They all work in the same way,

You either play without any expectations or you just empty your pockets of precious money for a bunch of pixels.

Anyone is allowed to spend any amount of money they want. That's not my point.

Sure, treble every season sounds great! But where's the fun? It'll be like having 5* team and facing 1* teams non-stop!

The game would be boring as hell.

Why would I spend thousands of dollars for no fun?

Just my opinion.
    Michael Hancock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by masterlin View Post
    Anyone is allowed to spend any amount of money they want. That's not my point.

Sure, treble every season sounds great! But where's the fun? It'll be like having 5* team and facing 1* teams non-stop!

The game would be boring as hell.

Why would I spend thousands of dollars for no fun?

Just my opinion.
    You want FFP in T11? Try telling that to Nordeus! Are you Arsène Wenger?
    Fc bal op t dak likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast