Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By IGOR

Thread: New Contracts for players with 1 year left?

Rookie

New Contracts for players with 1 year left?

Hi
    Can anyone advise when it's best to renew contracts for players I want to keep?
    I have 3 players who only have a year left now.
    Should I renew their contracts straight away or wait til nearer the end of the season?
    Will it affect their morale or playing one way or the other??
    Any experiences or advice welcome.
    Cheers

Famous
    I would wait till the start of next season as they will be a year older and their value/wages will have gone down. They will be out of contract but you have 7 days to re-sign them They will only sign on a 2 year deal though, but it's the best way if you want to save a few $$ in wages.

Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    I would wait till the start of next season as they will be a year older and their value/wages will have gone down. They will be out of contract but you have 7 days to re-sign them They will only sign on a 2 year deal though, but it's the best way if you want to save a few $$ in wages.
    Don't worry about the money in this game. Just watch out how u spend your tokens.
    Philip L. Willis likes this.

Server: 107 Team: FC Vardar

I say make them work for their money!

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Baker View Post
    Hi
    Can anyone advise when it's best to renew contracts for players I want to keep?
    I have 3 players who only have a year left now.
    Should I renew their contracts straight away or wait til nearer the end of the season?
    Will it affect their morale or playing one way or the other??
    Any experiences or advice welcome.
    Cheers
    I've always wondered about that, the morale issue, no way to know really, some players play well and play badly almost without rhythm or reason, I have only had one player make it with my team for 4 seasons, only one. I have 7 players ending their contract this year, from experience maybe 2 will be signed for the next 3 years, the rest will be traded away before long, but that is just me.

I would not sign anyone until very late this season. I say make them work for their money!
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

Addicted
    Sign contracts at the start of the new season after they have expired

If you can, only apply skill points at the start of the new season after you have renewed the contract.

Doing the two things above will save you the maximum amount of money.

If during the season you player performs poorly, then you can add skill points and renew his contract to see if that helps.
    Edward FC currently on autopilot
    League: ?
    Champions: ?
    Cup: ?

K Vegas FC currently on autopilot
    League: ?
    Champions: ?
    CU: ?

Tarcanes92's guide to adding seats to your stadium
    Tarcanes92's collection of Nordeus official articles that explain the game