Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Baberto

Thread: The ultimate aim

The ultimate aim

Every game has a specific aim to it, conquering which you win the game. Then there are some simulation ones, where you set your own aim; as playing otherwise is not a great help to your motivation. Before I continue, I want to share a story.

Started playing TE in 2013, played for close to a year. Remember considering it, as any other football manager games, and I am sure you know the consequences. The mechanism was to buy a certain number of 4 star players, get a top 4 finish, sell all, repeat.
    Eventually, lost interest, forgot, and graved for eternity (seemed like).

So, six months (rather seasons) back I saw a kid playing TE, and was like, 'wow! This thing has an app now!' Downloaded the app, was unsure of my account at first, then remembered that it was a fb app back then!

The things that I found out were,
    1) My team was somehow on level 19, lingering 6th on the table, was scheduled for the last league matche of that season, within 20 odd minutes. I had my namesake, a 90%+ st, playing upfront. The rest of the team consisted of 2-3 star players.
    2) Had around 240+ tokens ( seemed a mine to me because I remembered those one token buys), and the packs somewhat 500 each.

That night I somewhat plundered this forum, got to know all the fancy words and thought of implementing them.
    Unfortunately, it took another couple of months to actually implement them. For the past four seasons, these are the things I've done (rather these were the things I succeeded remembering from the tutorials 2 months after reading them :3 )
    1) farming rest packs
    2) buy (3-4 each season) 18-19 y.o. with the highest market value available at my level
    3) power train them to 7 stars ( a player that I've been PT for last 4 seasons, has an average white skills of 180%, and average grey skills of 60% [I guess that's what PT is supposed to mean] )

Coming back to the point, couple of months back, I realized that I am putting a huge amount of time and effort into this game with having any aim to run after.
    So, I was like, yeah, let my goal be winning the triple crown.

Winning the league have been easy. Have won twice in the 3 seasons before ( had a troll result on the very last day, and was second once), and a somewhat confirmed winner this season too.

But for the last 3 seasons (including this), have lost 3 consecutive CL finals;
    reached final of cup twice , won once.

What've I not done before these finals! Used rest and morale packs, increased win bonus to maximum, had 3-4 supporters, and still lost!

Finally realized, that TE won't let me achieve my goal. I would like to request to you guys to suggest me another goal, cause it's getting tough on my motivation.

P.S. - I am not getting much fun out of Asso battles too. Was a part of a Platinum Asso two seasons back, and suddenly all the other members have gone inactive and my only activity is to try to win all the 4 matches every weekend and trying to get back to Gold 1 (which I know is impossible)

Thank you guys, you've been a great audience.
    khris likes this.

approved post*

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    What level are you ?
    Are you in the top of your server ?
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

24 currently.
    I don't know how to know if I'm on top or not!

no, above lv50 you are near the top of the server.
    So you still have future.

Don't know, post here and maybe we can help.

I guess you haven't read the whole thing and I understand it's quite normal.

So, you're saying that I should keep on concentrating on gaining promotions till I am on 50, and then leave the game?

One more thing, do you have an active asso which I can join?

No, I 'm saying that a team in the top of the server (or near), playing all the time with same opponents, many times vs +1 LV in Cup and C.L.
    But at LV 24 you can avoid that.
    So loosing a Cup or C.L. final it's a matter of luck or because of some details (if q is ok).
    So in that thing you might find help here.

About associations, I 'm playing in two groups with forum friends (the English and the Greek forum) and we don't have any empty space.
    But you can find easily a group from the relative section of the forum.
    People are asking for active managers.

I don't like to play in platinum as there many opponents have players with specific skills so I don't enjoy the games.
    I prefer Gold 1, having good, active but more normal teams and 50 T are a good prize.

Q has never been a factor. Been 'favourite' in all those fixtures, but no luck.

I am not concerned about the prize money of the asso games. There's no fun in fighting for an inactive association.

Cheers and thanks.