Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Goal average lower this season?

Goal average lower this season?

Hmmm. Anyone experiencing this as well, similar drop? or is mine more drastic.

Previous 12 seasons
    1821 goals/546 matches
    3.335 goals per match

This season
    124 goals/43 matches
    2.884 goals per match

And i am having one of my best seasons ever!
    maloukees and milpol like this.

Goal average depends on a few things and that is competition, tactics and formation, along with the strength of your own team. It's pretty different, I used to dominate but with the randomness of the simulation, the chance of going undefeated in the league is unlikely.

Famous
    Me too, I see this in my Legeau...

Still 4 points ahead but its going to be tied...

But the topscorer in the League at this moment only scored 16 goals.. not even 1 goal average in a game... the 2nd only scored 13 goals.

But for the league great season we battle with more or less 6 -9 teams for the top positions
    EastsiderSG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MoltenwichCity View Post
    Goal average depends on a few things and that is competition, tactics and formation, along with the strength of your own team. It's pretty different, I used to dominate but with the randomness of the simulation, the chance of going undefeated in the league is unlikely.
    Totally! The randomness is giving me an excitment i rather not have. I have had so many 1-0 & 2-0 wins this season and mostly late goals against - 40 to - 50 quality.

Quote Originally Posted by maloukees View Post
    Me too, I see this in my Legeau...

Still 4 points ahead but its going to be tied...

But the topscorer in the League at this moment only scored 16 goals.. not even 1 goal average in a game... the 2nd only scored 13 goals.

But for the league great season we battle with more or less 6 -9 teams for the top positions
    Same here! I am also hanging on to a 4 point lead but i have 2 tough matches ahead while 2nd place is done with all the tough teams.
    Fingers crossed!

I definitely cant win goalscorer title this season. The 2nd place dude plays 4-5-1 and that 1 striker has like 30 plus goals.
    I play 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1 and my goals are pretty evenly spread among my 3 AMs and ST.

Quote Originally Posted by MoltenwichCity View Post
    Not all that sure about that
    Goal average lower this season?-2019-02-27-1-.jpg
    LEAGUE WINNER 8
    LEAGUE RUNNER UP 5
    CUP WINNER 4
    CUP RUNNER UP 4
    C.L. WINNER 2
    C.L. RUNNER UP 4
    TREBLES 1
    SUPER CUP WINNER 2
    CUP DOUBLES 3
    CUP TREBLES 1

It's pretty easy to go undefeated in the lower levels, but it gets more difficult as the relative Quality differences get smaller the higher up the Levels you go.

Nouvion FC have mostly 10-20% lower Quality sides this season at Level 2 and are performing accordingly.

Goal average lower this season?-s02-l02-league-r22-top.jpg

Desert Rats FC, on the other hand, started with a Quality bang in the middle of the range in the League, but are exceeding all (my) expectations for the season.

Goal average lower this season?-s40-l33-league-round-21-top.jpg
    milpol likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Dreamer
    i found the same thing last season the goals right across the whole league dried up,i went several game just unable to score,but it was same in all of league and the league top scorer only had 12 goals

Quote Originally Posted by iansyorkcityfc View Post
    i found the same thing last season the goals right across the whole league dried up,i went several game just unable to score,but it was same in all of league and the league top scorer only had 12 goals
    I could be having one of those seasons. But what's great is i have in scrapping through in Cup and CL.
    All low scoring wins and away goals rule wins.

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    It's pretty easy to go undefeated in the lower levels, but it gets more difficult as the relative Quality differences get smaller the higher up the Levels you go.

Nouvion FC have mostly 10-20% lower Quality sides this season at Level 2 and are performing accordingly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S02 L02 League R22 Top.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	118164

Desert Rats FC, on the other hand, started with a Quality bang in the middle of the range in the League, but are exceeding all (my) expectations for the season.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S40 L33 League Round 21 Top.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	118166
    Are Dessert Rats still middle of the park in terms of quality?
    i also started this season in the middle but trained until i took over. Had the younger team so wasnt too difficult.
    I have only experienced one loss in the league against a 10 percent lower team but his white skills were insane.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast