Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: more proof that the game engine is RANDOM

Addicted

more proof that the game engine is RANDOM

the other day i played a cup game against a weaker team. He used 4-5-1, I used 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond.
    I ruled the game and won 3-1.

Today we met again and we used the EXACT same formations and players. Outcome? 4-0 to him!! just 1 of my shots hit the target, TEN of his 16 shots hit my goal.

Same players, same tactics, my team is stronger... he outclasses me completely in every imaginable way. Dear Nordeus, thanks for all the crappy memories, but this was the straw. I will never support a game this is based on pure randomness. You can kiss my money goodbye

Rookie
    What about condition, he used different tactics, he paid em more for the win.. so much factors u dont know, yet theres also a factor called luck..

Quote Originally Posted by t0m.- View Post
    What about condition, he used different tactics, he paid em more for the win.. so much factors u dont know, yet theres also a factor called luck..
    This.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Addicted
    i paid my players max in both games.
    my conditions were the same (his could have differed of course, but i doubt it since he was using other players in his previous game in both days).

yes there is a factor called luck. But luck cannot contribute for 4 goals while my players miss the goal shot after shot after shot after shot after shot after shot.

Also - how does HIM paying his players lead to my players missing the goal whenever they attempted a shot?

Quote Originally Posted by hullabaloo View Post
    i paid my players max in both games.
    my conditions were the same (his could have differed of course, but i doubt it since he was using other players in his previous game in both days).

yes there is a factor called luck. But luck cannot contribute for 4 goals while my players miss the goal shot after shot after shot after shot after shot after shot.

Also - how does HIM paying his players lead to my players missing the goal whenever they attempted a shot?
    Guess you just had an off game? And why do you think his tactics changing could not affect the outcome of the game? After he lost the previous game and you apparently outplayed, why would he keep the same tactics as before? He probably changed them and it worked out more to his favour. As for missing the net, could be low condition/morale, or just plain badluck. You win some you lose some. No need to get your boobs in a knot over it. Just cuz he doesn't have as good a team as you doesn't me he can't and shouldn't win. Jeez some people confuse me. They beat a better team and get all happy, lose to a lesser one and flip a table and rage on the forums.

I'm surprised you managed to beat him 3-0 in the first leg because 4-5-1v always beats the diamond for me.

Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    I'm surprised you managed to beat him 3-0 in the first leg because 4-5-1v always beats the diamond for me.
    Unless he means the flat, but even then, 4-1-2-1-2 ND is not good against both variations of 4-5-1

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Home advantage, morale and condition, tactics, training ... lots of factors could have changed.
    But (as is usual with these rants) you don't mention the number of shots, or possession rate, number of saves or any other stats that give clues to what happened.
    Instead it's always "My team's average rating is better than his!!!!!"

And yes, the game engine IS random. Duh? Other than chess and Diplomacy I can't, offhand, think of a single game that isn't random.
    Raykco, jklm_37 and NotsoAthletic like this.
    ~^~*~^~ My opinions are best when taken with a grain of salt. No iodine added. ~^~*~^~

Addicted
    Razz //
    did you read what I wrote? Probably not. I did mention the number of shots, I also mentioned the number of shots on target.
    I did not mention the possession but it was 51-49 to the home team in both games.
    I also didn't rant about the average rating being better. In the future, please do read what people write before speaking out. It saves everyone's time.

El Pistolero and dv8r //
    doesn't that also show how random the game engine is when a narrow diamond can beat the 4-5-1 (flat) when it shouldn't do it?

festinator //
    the avg values don't really matter here. It was just as information. The important thing are the two completely different results with the same tactics. Sure the arrows could've changed a bit but a few arrows shouldn't make me shoot 1 shot on target out of 7 attempts. And if we downplay that to just sheer bad luck, then it proves that the game engine is in fact very random considering that luck is the most random thing in the world

Home advantage is huge in this game. Also, you say you changed nothing ... maybe that was it? He may have changed all his orders, the stuff you cannot see. Maybe he was on easy tackling and playing the flanks in the first game - but in the second played mixed and hard tackling? *shrugs* - you can never assume you're automatically going to win. What did you expect? it should be exactly the same score second game? same players scoring? exact same everything? I know it's annoying as it happened me last season in the cup.

I won the first game 6-3 at home, thought I'd cruise through second game too, but it was away, and I had team set up but didn't watch [giving away bonus possession] - I suffered 2 injuries and the auto-sub feature never kicked in and I lost 4-1 - how very convenient. Precisely what he needed to go through on away goals, as it ended 7-7 on aggregate. I was annoyed, but I learned more about the game from that loss than any win.
    Raykco and NotsoAthletic like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast