Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By kynan
  • 2 Post By Matteo de Clemente
  • 1 Post By DynamoJohno19

Thread: Tanking?

Lightbulb Tanking?

Good day. New player here.
    I have encounter a term call "TANKING" (with the definition below)

[Tanking - To forfeit the season by playing illegal formation and out of position players in order to lose and not get promoted while strengthening the team for the next season. ]

Questions:

* Can somebody explain to my why this strategy works?
    * What advantage will I get?

Thanks a lot.

1. When you don't get promoted you are more likely to have a stronger squad than those that are promoted into you league, without you even having to do anything.
    2. You have an advantage in terms of strength.
    3. Unless you are paired with a promoted team who is already stronger than you, you would probably run away with the league.
    4. You will however lose some income since you do not play CL and have to rely on a good cup run to collect money.
    5. During the season you tank, you can train your players to be better.

Experienced tankers and back me up here...
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

People tank when they feel they can't compete. This could be because they are up against teams that have either bought a lot of tokens (and they refuse to spend real money on this game), or because they are up against teams who have farmed (completed online offers like watching videos in exchange for tokens) lots of tokens.

Depending on what country you are from some people can get a better advantage than others by taking part in offers etc. Some view trying to get promoted with a 3 star squad - which will then become a 2 star squad on promotion as being pointless as they would be too weak to compete the following season. They then decided to "tank" the season by playing people out of position so that they can have a go at winning promotion and the league/cup the following season with a stronger squad.

Personally I wouldn't tank, I would always try to get promoted, but its up to each and every user how they go for the game. Some like to make the Champions League at every level and will forfit promotion to hit that goal - others just want more trophies in their cabinet. For me I want to be at the highest level possible - so I always aim for promotion regardless of my and my opponents squad strengths.
    Philip L. Willis likes this.

I tank 2 seasons in league and play 2, thats how I won the last 7 editions of the Champions League :P
    Well... too I was token buyer... time ago bought some scouts and too for my birthday^^ xD

Well explain guys .. thanks alot. Enjoy

Hi,
    I agree about the benefits that tanking a season may give to the team.

Though,I passed my first 4 seasons with the same team I was given at the beginning,with constant but essential investments.

In the 5 season (league 5),some of my players became old,other get retired,and I had to change step by step
    my team. So I repeated the 5 league 3 times.

Then,I started to invest,creating infrastructures,buying strong players,earning much more money from competitions.
    Now,I'm at level 14,I've a 93.1 quality team,I earn 1 M just from tickets for each friendly match I organize ,I've many friends in lower and upper levels.
    But, seeing my old opponents 2 levels over me is not good for me.

So, I'd never choose to tank a season,even to improve my team,tanking is equal to a failure.

However,in lower levels this choice can be very productive,but from level 8 you can meet very strong teams and to join the gap,you have to invest

"But, seeing my old opponents 2 levels over me is not good for me."

Thats what I like, me winning without waste a Token, in a league with new people, and more players in the market, and older opponents that waste tokens more near the Top Server, without win Titles if they don't waste a full bank of cash to improve the team every season.

..all depend of how one see/wanna play the game.. of course if you have real friends playing the game in your same level, and you tank, they will be in another level... so, one have to know his target, before decide if tank or not.

'Tanking' is a wining strategy, like Hara-Kiri/Seppuku is a wining strategy!
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

And here's me thinking I'm playing against idiots who put a ST in goal and a DR in AMC position, when all this time they are just cunning strategists.... O_o
    Philip L. Willis likes this.