Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Guide: Understanding the 2016 Training System

my view (as a non-spender) is all or nothing... target one or two 18yo FT then build them up and keep using greens on them (assuming they perform of course). IMO better to continue using greens on the 7 star 25yo who will still stay in your team for a number of seasons than waste them on the three young 5 stars.

sure, the young players will gain much more from each green but what's the point if they'll be gone by the end of their first contract, probably earlier, and replaced by some newer version of themselves?

i have a 27yo 7 star who is still my best, or at worst equal best player, who has played over 400 games now. i have only just stopped/dramatically reduced in the last season or two feeding him greens. that's largely in part to finally finding another 95%+ FT 18yo at the start of a season a couple of seasons ago. he's now 7.5 stars at 20 and i feed him instead. the rest basically get nothing unless required due to scheduling.

i would also add don't be afraid to stockpile your greens until you find the right player. no point wasting them on someone who will be trasferred in a season or two. find the right player and look after them and you'll have them as the backbone of your team for 10+ seasons (all without spending a cent).
    LeManiaque likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Savage_1 View Post
    sure, the young players will gain much more from each green but what's the point if they'll be gone by the end of their first contract, probably earlier, and replaced by some newer version of themselves?.
    Why do you want to sell an 18 y/o 5* FT player and replace him with.. ahem... some newer version of himself?
    Buy three guys like this at the start of the season, feed them all you have, buy the next three at the start of the next season, feed them up... Four seasons, and you have a young FT-team. And also this is the time you need to replace those first three guys, because they're getting old.
    It's very unefficient to spend your greens on old players. Train them while they're young, forget about 22+ y/o mastodons. You are wasting packs training them. Or do I miss something here?
    LeManiaque likes this.
    It wasn't our day.

Firstly, I'm a non-spender. I have never bought tokens, green packs, etc. My post was aimed at similar players, not at people who spend to buy scouts, train SA, new positions, power train, etc. I don't have the money or time for that. Until this season, I have barely watched videos because it just wasn't worth my time for green packs and there were so few for tokens. Fortunately, this season I have found where all the token videos for my country were hiding so I finally have amassed some tokens and might buy my first ever scout, negotiation, etc next season.

As to the rationale of my dedicating greens to older 7*... for starters it's difficult to find/get 18yo high 5* FT, especially at the start of the season (they are in demand!). In the last ten seasons or so, I have only been able to identify and win the auction for two such players that have performed well (often these players stink early in their careers. some come good, some don't). no point wasting my few resources on them. i save them for the rare mix of young, FT, performers. So I buy as best I can at the start of the season.

My team is always 6* by mid-season, however it is rare that any of my team will reach 7* by the end of the season. therefore at the beginning of the new season it is usually better to replace most of the squad with new players obtained from the transfer market who are as close to 99% as possible, young, have good stats, SA if i'm lucky, etc.

I currently only have 3 players who have played over 100 games (despite going deep in CL and cup every year) - the two FT I mentioned in my original post and one non-FT who is a good performer who (sadly) will probably be a reserve next year because he's only 104% now and will be 23 next year so he'll be a long way behind the rest of the team in quality and won't train well enough to keep up.

Given the above, to me it is better to use greens on a 25yo 7* than a young 5* because for my squad the 25yo 7* will still be good enough to be in my team in a couple of seasons whereas the young 5* will almost certainly not. Plus, the 25yo 7* is a proven performer (or they wouldn't be there) and the young 5* is an unknown. Therefore, notwithstanding that the individual gain for each green is greater on the young 5*, I would rather use it on the 25yo 7* as the long term benefit is greater.

Please note the question posed that I was responding to did not state the three young 5* were FT, it just said young 5* (plus 5* could mean anywhere from 80 to 99%). Further, I would not have a 25yo in my team at all unless they were a high quality FT, otherwise it would have been impossible to keep up and still be in the team by the time they were 25. I can tell you from first hand experience that 25yo FT, even at 6/7* still train OK. It was only at 26, moreso 27, that I noticed the training starting to drop off significantly (not that I looked at or kept any data, just casual observation). At 22 to 24, he trained fine and got up to 8*.

To summarise (a very long post sorry), I full well acknowledge training older players is "inefficient", that doesn't mean it's not more beneficial than training a younger player. My goal is to train whoever is going to be in my team the longest from then on, sometimes that will be an older player. Obviously, ideally it would be a young FT (which is what I'm currently doing), but it wasn't for a number of seasons prior.
    LeManiaque likes this.

Famous
    I think age and quality aren't the only factors and agree one strategy for a competitive team is advance the players who are consistent performers in their roles.

2 lowest quality players on my team are doing best this season, despite age difference.
    Guide: Understanding the 2016 Training System-screenshot_2016-12-03-13-30-31.jpg
    Guide: Understanding the 2016 Training System-screenshot_2016-12-03-13-30-19.jpg

Famous
    Yesterday I had 2 older players gain a star during a training session when they weren't awarded a "+1" to any single skill. I think this is a good indication that the "bucket theory" is possible. Fractions are used behind the scenes.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Ok, there are few days now, when I set the team (all players 21-22) in a six-pack of the easy/very easy drills of 3 categories (-,75 condition loss) , I also get the X2 bonus, but the team cannot fill the 10% of Attack and Defense bonus. \
    It needs a little more.
    Weird with this pack of drills and the X2 I could get the 10% in all categories.
    (I 'm talking about two active teams I have, not only one).

Anyone else ?
    Darren Power likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

On my main team, I use 10 players for first season, 9 players for rest 3 seasons, most of them are my low star sub (2/3 positions), first season easy+very easy (6.75% condition) with 2x video, second season without video, procession 10% full, third season without video 10% condition full but attack and defence bonus very little left for fourth season, on fourth season I usually use warm up + FCA + PGS (6% condition), all done, only one video, total 26.25% condition loss but if I use 2x video on second season then I don't need third season but still I need to do that 6% condition season to complete tiny bit attack+def bonus to complete.

On my second team, I don't use 2x video but it need 4 season of 6.75% condition training and one 6% (5th season) training to complete all 10% bonus.

I think it's been last 2 season that training season cannot fill the 10% of attack and defense bonus, which goes for fourth season.
    Last edited by ibangali; 12-21-2016 at 02:10 AM.

yes i do that too to stay at 10% on all four the two lowest in each category 6 drills in all ran 3,4 times with training bonus but latley its stopped giivennme them on both my teams support said better u do less you get basically no piont in bonuses if your not gona max them

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Ok, there are few days now, when I set the team (all players 21-22) in a six-pack of the easy/very easy drills of 3 categories (-,75 condition loss) , I also get the X2 bonus, but the team cannot fill the 10% of Attack and Defense bonus. \
    It needs a little more.
    Weird with this pack of drills and the X2 I could get the 10% in all categories.
    (I 'm talking about two active teams I have, not only one).

Anyone else ?
    same here .2 trainings with 2x and then a little is missing so a 3 is needed

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    so it isn't something wrong in my roster.
    Probably they reduced the gaining ?
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast