Thread: Re-thinking Associations

Re-thinking Associations

I am a non-token buying, non-token farming 35T manager who has never spent a cent on the game. Yet I obsess enough about the game that my team always has a 40% bonuses total and I watch nearly every single game. I have played 30 real full seasons in which I've been 2nd 15 times and won the league only 6 times.

I have to deal with a lot of challenges this way, and success stops being determined only number of titles won. I have to, for example, constantly manage tokens(currently have 750T), the primary currency of the game, while consistently phasing players out of my team and replenishing them with younger ones while competing for all titles every single season.

I am dissatisfied with association membership and am considering creating a new association from the ground up with similarly-minded managers.

The point is to play with managers who:
    - do not spend money on the game or actively mine tokens or any other resources.
    - care about their teams enough to always have 40% bonuses and compete for all titles every single season.
    - understand real-life football tactics and can make in-game changes to their team.

Most current associations most managers belong to are poorly curated, made up of managers with different objectives in playing the game.

The goals of the assoc are:
    - to have a curated group of genuine players with high-standards who do not attempt to 'hack' the game. This seems especially hard to do (the curation of players, that is) since assoc discovery within the game is so so hard and it's impossible to filter assocs by any traits.

- see how far and how well an assoc with non-hacking, genuine players with high standards can do in assoc.

Likely issues and how to solve them:
    - Comms/Coordination. Chat within the game is absolutely horrible. We can use Slack/Discord.

- Longtermism. Captains/members leaving the game and either rendering the assoc pointless (Capt leaving) or destroying assoc dynamics (members leaving, leaving assoc to have to search for replacements).

To this, we can have multiple assocs, and be a group of assocs with assocs contracting and expanding as need be. 8 members can be split into 2 groups of 4 each instead of a single group of 6 with no place for 2 remaining members.

And, external comms also means comms with people who may decide to leave including the captain.

- Timezones. We would have to choose a time most comfortable for the most number of managers.

Who does this make sense to?

There's no way you can ever control the parameters of any association.

People drop out of games for all kinds of reasons - real life takes over, they get bored, their partner wants them to spend more time with them, their kids want them to spend more time with them, work takes over, etc.

The only way you can play any game and have full control is if you play a single-player game like Football Manager 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by squodge View Post
    There's no way you can ever control the parameters of any association.

People drop out of games for all kinds of reasons - real life takes over, they get bored, their partner wants them to spend more time with them, their kids want them to spend more time with them, work takes over, etc.

The only way you can play any game and have full control is if you play a single-player game like Football Manager 2020.
    The point is for the effects of "people dropping out" be greatly mitigated.

re-thinking associations: https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...9&share_type=t

Bonjour à tous ! A tous les posters. Nous sommes à la recherche de 2 joueurs sérieux et actif pour compléter mon association qui se nomme « Seleçao Das Quinas ». Nous cherchons des joueurs de niveau minimum 95%.

Hello everyone! To all the players . We search 2 serious and active players to complete my association called «Seleçao Das Quinas». We search players with a minimum level of 95%.

(removed comment)
    Last edited by Temidayo_; 06-23-2022 at 08:05 PM.