Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By talisman
  • 2 Post By Audiotom
  • 1 Post By talisman
  • 1 Post By Buffs Mad
  • 1 Post By Blackkiwi

Thread: League 'Top Rated' table

League 'Top Rated' table

I think there my be a bugette in the Performance table...

League 'Top Rated' table-say-what.jpg

Performance ratings of [Casuals] players concerned:

T Cong Vinh: first match, dnp; second match, 9 (Ave. 9.00).
    B De Wree: first match, 8; second match, 10 (Ave 9.00).
    A Arma: first match, 9; second match, 7 (Ave 8.00).
    K Pigott: first match, 9; second match, 8 (Ave 8.50).

Nice to have 4 players in the top 5, though
    Buffs Mad likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Yeah, my Left Winger has had 2 league games rating 10 in each and is rated 9.84
    My Right Winger and Striker both have had a 10 and a 9 but rate 9.49 and 9.46 respectively.

Its either a buggipops or match ratings have a more precise value to 1 or more decimal places but are displayed as rounded up/down whole numbers in some screens.

I vote bug though.

Hey guys,

I would like to shed some light on this .

This is, while it may seem so, not a
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad
    buggipops
    nor a
    Quote Originally Posted by talisman
    bugette
    Yet we are currently investigating ways of calculating those numbers in a much more precise way and we are aware of the fact, that many of you would like to see a much more detailed overview.

In other words: No worries, this is not be a bug but we are working on improving this feature nevertheless.
    Buffs Mad and Blackkiwi like this.
    Need help? LIKE us on FACEBOOK and follow @TopElevenHelp on Twitter!

So what other factors are there included in the 'Top Rating' calculation?

IRL the ratings of players are usually given in integers (or to half-integers, e.g. 8.5). The way of finding out who the best players are is to total all their ratings and divide by the number of matches they've played - which, up 'till now, this is how I thought that the 'Top Rated' table worked - recently a change had been made which restricted the table in the later part of the season to those players who had played 60% (?) of the possible games.

I can't recall anyone clamouring for any extra info, so why the change?

In computing we have an acronym, KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid). Don't make this game more complicated than it needs to be...
    Buffs Mad likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Well I'll be interested to find out what is producing it. My Left Winger just said to me....

"Boss, I rated 10, 10, 9 and that wee nyaff in the other side got 10, 9, 9. But the League Association reports me as 9.46 and him 9.49. "

Ofc my Striker said "Who cares, I've got 9.64 "

PS. If this was a task given to me and this was reported back I'd think "Oh crap, I've used the calculated match rating in the averaging instead of the match award."

But, I'll wait on further developments.

EDIT: couldn't resist a fiddle over coffee to make things fit.

Player 1 - 10 9 10 = average 9.64
    Player 2 - 9 9 10 = average 9.49
    Player 3 - 10 10 9 = average 9.46

One solution would be that the calculated match ratings (pre-award, before rounding)

Player 1 - 9.75 9.42 9.75
    Player 2 - 9.48 9.48 9.51
    Player 3 - 9.51 9.51 9.36

It still makes more sense to use the rounded, awarded rating that is displayed post match so that averages would be

Player 1 9.67
    Player 2 9.33
    Player 3 9.67

Just to keep my left winger happy
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 07-02-2015 at 10:33 PM. Reason: added sado calcs
    Blackkiwi likes this.

Rookie
    @ Buff
    I'd tell him to just smarten up. He shouldn't just be content with being the same as his evil twin, but stronger. If he had a more positive attitude towards it, perhaps his ratings would be stronger

Edit: Just realised he actually did have 'better ratings' so I apologise to him. He has every right to feel aggrieved!
    Buffs Mad likes this.
    "One day, in the not too distant future, something amazing will happen. Not just amazing, but spectacular!
    And when this day happens, I will retire, and the world will celebrate long into the night" - Blackkiwi Manager speaking about his elusive Triple.

Found a 1 game guy.