Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Buffs Mad
  • 1 Post By Gert Funck
  • 2 Post By Buffs Mad
  • 1 Post By Buffs Mad
  • 1 Post By Buffs Mad

Thread: Offsides (Beta) and Commentary

Offsides (Beta) and Commentary

As a consequence of Tactician's discussion on the existence (or not) of Offsides........

If you want them to exist in Live Action then you should at least make sure they exist (match up) in Commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    As a consequence of Tactician's discussion on the existence (or not) of Offsides........

If you want them to exist in Live Action then you should at least make sure they exist (match up) in Commentary.
    I presume that the comment isn't followed by 'offside' then?
    Buffs Mad likes this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Did you draw the offside line or is it part of beta version? Sorry didnt get chance to watch many games on beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gert Funck View Post
    I think neither of the situations is an offside foul and the commentary wouldnt mention since the event didnt occur. Just my opinion might be wrong though

Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.

Quote Originally Posted by sparklinginsilence View Post
    Did you draw the offside line or is it part of beta version? Sorry didnt get chance to watch many games on beta.

I think neither of the situations is an offside foul and the commentary wouldnt mention since the event didnt occur. Just my opinion might be wrong though

Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.
    The offside line was part of the Beta, In the first example the pass is attempted, the yellow line pops up, the ball stops and possession is uncontested as the players begin to reform their position. The Action stops and fades.

The Live Action was viewed from the Yellow Team's account. The Beta does not show Commentary while a Live Action highlight is under way so the Commentary was viewed from the Black Team's account via T11 site.

In each case the pass that allegedly produced the Offside is the player mentioned in the Commentary playing a short pass, incisive pass and finding his man.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 07-07-2015 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Added 'In the first example'.
    Cat Harrison and nikolgiorgos like this.

I think in the first 2 live action images the ball was played to the player in offside position but it was intercepted before it could reach him so play went on with no offside offence although the commentary doesnt mention that.

The 3rd image is a little unclear for me. Who is Nassourou? Player no 2 or 23? Not sure but looks like the pass found a player not in an offside position otherwise an offside offence should have been called.

Also the yellow offside line should pop up only when black team is attacking since you were viewing from yellow teams account and should only tell you when your offside trap is working and nothing about the other players tactic in terms of offside trap or no offside.

One thing is for sure in the images below that the engine recognizes when a player is in offside position although its not clear if it applies a players tactics to respond to the situation. One last question did both teams have offside on?

Thanks for the images helps in understanding how all this works in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Funck View Post
    No.

[Just in case I didn't make it clear and to add a bit........The commentary is taken from a different view of the match. Often the Offside 'action' the play resumes with a quick flash of a comment which relates to the final action in the 'Live sequence'. In the first example the 'flashed comment' was 'Barcelos plays a pass' (although it flashed up too quickly to get a Screenshot). The Commentary on the Beta then resumed with "14' Harper with an incisive pass....." and in the non-Beta commentary it was "14' Harper plays a short pass..."]

There is no way I can know if the Commentary includes the wrong comment about Jackson's 'Excellent Defending' (eg it should be "Jackson takes the kick" then "Jackson kicks it long" or if its an extra Comment about a seperate piece of play).....

.......but, as you suggest, at least having an indicator in the Commentary after the pass producing an offside to say [Offside] would help a bit in matching things up.

Intresting Also the yellow offside line should pop up only when black team is attacking since you were viewing from yellow teams account and should only tell you when your offside trap is working and nothing about the other players tactic in terms of offside trap or no offside.

One thing is for sure in the images below that the engine recognizes when a player is in offside position although its not clear if it applies a players tactics to respond to the situation. One last question did both teams have offside on? download snapchat for pc

Quote Originally Posted by sparklinginsilence View Post
    I think in the first 2 live action images the ball was played to the player in offside position but it was intercepted before it could reach him so play went on with no offside offence although the commentary doesnt mention that.

The 3rd image is a little unclear for me. Who is Nassourou? Player no 2 or 23? Not sure but looks like the pass found a player not in an offside position otherwise an offside offence should have been called.

Also the yellow offside line should pop up only when black team is attacking since you were viewing from yellow teams account and should only tell you when your offside trap is working and nothing about the other players tactic in terms of offside trap or no offside.

One thing is for sure in the images below that the engine recognizes when a player is in offside position although its not clear if it applies a players tactics to respond to the situation. One last question did both teams have offside on?

Thanks for the images helps in understanding how all this works in the game.

In the third image of the live sequence, Nassourou is 23 Black and is trying to pass to 14 Black, who is Offside.

All 3 passages are called as Offsides. That's why the yellow line pops. After all 3 offsides the players begin to reform before the action fades. No one is in possession of the ball when that occurs.

In the second example, Harper #15 (Yellow) is playing the pass to #7 Gauld and its called Offside (line pops) and Gauld receives the ball and starts to move forward

but then leaves the ball and all the yellow players including Gauld start retreating while Black start to cluster together, ignoring the ball.
    No one goes to the ball yet.

EDIT: Oops, forgot about your last Question.

Yes, both sides had OffsideTrap on. Thats the way I had to do it it increase the chances of captiring offsides - the point of the test. Offside Trap does not need to be On to produce Offsides. Offsides (allegedly ) are events. You don't need Force Counterattacks On either to get a counterattack. They are settings designed to increase the chances of the event.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 07-07-2015 at 01:29 PM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Will try analyze this when i get to computer and see images better but seems like the commentary is disjointed and i might have misunderstood the yellow line popping up to indicate an offside offence and not like in Fifa to indicate the last defender when trying to set offside trap.

Totally didnt realize that offside on and counter attack on just increases the occurence of the event but doesnt cause the event in itself.