Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Moi

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Cup: disqualified without being given a chance!

Unhappy Cup: disqualified without being given a chance!

Hi, newbie question here. I recently joined Top Eleven and noticed my newly created team had already been disqualified from the Cup after two games. It was as if I had joined in after the Cup had started and got a team that was already looking bad. The game is supposed to offer everyone a chance to compete in the Cup, right? Am I missing something?

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Moi
    Yes and no. When you join Top Eleven you are given a Level 1 team. If you join in the middle of the season, there is a chance that your team is not in the Cup anymore (and there is a chance that it is still there).

Imagine a case where you joined Top Eleven 3 days before the end of the season, and the teams that are in the Cup final already have a Manager. How can the system put you in a team who plays the Cup? It can't.

All teams in Top Eleven take part in the Cup competition, but of course if you join 2 weeks after the season has started, many of them (a big portion) are not in the Cup anymore. Each Cup round cuts 50% of the remaining teams, so if you joined after 4 rounds, only 8 teams of the initial 128 teams for that Cup group remain. The chances to be assigned one of them is really low. However, if you had joined only after 1 round, you would have had 50% chances of being given a team that is still in the Cup.
    Christian Benvenuti and Arion like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    Yes and no. When you join Top Eleven you are given a Level 1 team. If you join in the middle of the season, there is a chance that your team is not in the Cup anymore (and there is a chance that it is still there).

Imagine a case where you joined Top Eleven 3 days before the end of the season, and the teams that are in the Cup final already have a Manager. How can the system put you in a team who plays the Cup? It can't.

All teams in Top Eleven take part in the Cup competition, but of course if you join 2 weeks after the season has started, many of them (a big portion) are not in the Cup anymore. Each Cup round cuts 50% of the remaining teams, so if you joined after 4 rounds, only 8 teams of the initial 128 teams for that Cup group remain. The chances to be assigned one of them is really low. However, if you had joined only after 1 round, you would have had 50% chances of being given a team that is still in the Cup.
    I see – I didn't realise the Cup start was scheduled independently from us users. I checked the Cup table now and noticed that there are some actual human managers in the competition, so it makes sense.

Thank you so much for clarifying.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    As I did some times a "take over" (a new club from the beginning), I noticed that usually (if not all the times), when you get a new team after only few days of the season, it's always out of the Cup.
    I think the game could choose for the new manager a team which is in the next round of the cup as most of the competitors are bot teams.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Moi
    It's just a matter of chances. The 2nd day of the season, half of the teams are already knocked out of the Cup. So if you start, let's say, after a week, there may have been up to 3 rounds, where only 16 of every 128 teams would still be in the Cup. You're more likely to be given a team that is out of the Cup, than still qualified.