Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: The best player of all time, even better than god.

Can't compare player from the 60th to now... football changed a lot,Pele in days like now wouldn't be that successfull,football now is harder ,faster n whatever... Besides that ,pele never played in Europe ,so far not to compare to any other....yea,Gerd Müller was sure a goal machine,but for him counts same as for pele,in the 70 the football was very slow n not to compare to now,there are many players u can name ,and I think there's non best of all time,there's only a few not 1 who dominated in their times, there are too many to list,Eusebio,Di Stefano,Puskas.... these guys were active 60 years ago n sure not less powerful n talented as player later o nowadays....
    Cat Harrison likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    You are right it's not directly comparable, butI think either of the two I mention, had they been born in whatever decade, would have excelled, because they would have then had the same nutrition and training players had at that time, and possessed talent and determination.
    Peter Renn and olliemorris like this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    You are right it's not directly comparable, butI think either of the two I mention, had they been born in whatever decade, would have excelled, because they would have then had the same nutrition and training players had at that time, and possessed talent and determination.
    I disagree only with that haha cause player like Müller,in Germany his nickname was "Kleines dickes Müller" it's like short fat Müller,cause of his body structure,n cause he was only standing in front of the goal n scored cause fantastic instinct,but nowadays this kind of striker is dying ,a classic 9 middle striker is very rare,now they much more involved in the game,last striker with an instinct like him was Brazilian Ronaldo,who is actually my favourite of not worlds best but 1994 till 2002 decade . With pele I give u credit,it's just I don't like him but ofc respect what he's done!
    I don't like Ronaldo from Portugal haha but he could sure play a fantastic Central defender as well cause of his body structure,he's a good player I think but dont like haha
    Cat Harrison likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    But if Gerd was player of today his coach wouldn't let him be fat, and those "burst of speed" muscles of his would be better toned... He was a joy to watch though.

Kuba is built somewhat the same and does alright, so there is still room for the short stocky players in today's game.

I just couldn't let a thread with title "best player of all time" not include them. I am old enough to have watched them on tv and when I was a kid I thought they were the most amazing ever and that opinion is hard to change.
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 02-25-2015 at 02:00 AM.
    Peter Renn likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You just cant compare. Some of those old great players might not have made it on to a football pitch if they were born these days - they'd be too busy on the Playstation.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus Alejandro View Post
    Messi is a great futbol player, the best today, im Argentino, but Maradona was better, much better, and no for the drugs, the drugs destroy Maradona, he only plays futbol in the high level since 1976-1991, then no more.And he have only 30 years old in 1991.And when he has 25 years old was world champion in Mexico 86. Messi playing with a better Argentina Team than the team of 86, was unable to win the championship.Maradona makes final in Italy 90 , playing alone in one leg.No more to say
    What I understand from here is that that Maradona is better then Messi because he won World CUP but am I wrong if I'm saying that Pele is 3 times better then him because he won 3 WC's!

Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Apprentice
    Modern Football is faster, harder, stronger and more tactics than old days. I don't think that legends can do better than Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo at this time. You see, Messi and C.Ronaldo break many records easily. Ten years ago, do you think someone score 60-70 goals a season at world class?

Quote Originally Posted by padrino View Post
    Modern Football is faster, harder, stronger and more tactics than old days. I don't think that legends can do better than Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo at this time. You see, Messi and C.Ronaldo break many records easily. Ten years ago, do you think someone score 60-70 goals a season at world class?
    I agree with you an old team would be smashed these days. I don't think Maradona would be able to do what Ronaldo and Messi are doing nowdays!

Learn how to play with us on www.topeleven.info and find out the best informations

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12