Harrogate AFC, Harrogate Hotspurs

Stadium
    Wetherby Road (CNG Stadium) Capacity 3,800

Honours
    Northern Premier League Division One Champions 2001-02
    Northern Premier League Division One Cup Winners 1989-90
    Yorkshire League Champions 1926-27
    Yorkshire League Division Two Champions 1981-82
    West Riding County Challenge Cup 1925-26,1926-27,1962-63,1972-73,1985-86,2001-02,2002-03,2007-08
    Whitworth Cup Winners 1919-20

FA CUP BEST
    Second Round Proper 2012-13

This thread is dedicated to...
    iamdjw
    iamdjw likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Love it mate. I am originally from Harrogate so supported them since a kid. Whenever I get to go up there I always go watch any games I can. Funny thing is next season we could be playing my now local team if things go right. Would be awesome Harrogate Town VS Torquay United. The plus side Town beat Torquay in the FA Cup this season
    Season 1 League: Winners

Season 2 League: 2nd, Champions League: Runners up

Season 3 League: 1st, Champions league: Quarter Finals, Cup: Play-Off

I think for a club like Harrogate Town, with the right investment, manager, players, etc, the club could make it into the football league one day, certainly got a big enough catchment area, I like it when non-league league clubs like this get into the FA Cup and produce shocks to get into the later stages, Third Round of the FA Cup is the holy grail for clubs like this. I like all these non-league clubs that play some proper football that can give everyone 90 minutes of entertainment rather than watching the Premier League and falling asleep because the games can be tactical, at least in the non-league they just like to get stuck in and play pure football.

Totally agree I feel with Simon Weaver as manager (and his dad as chairman) now he is getting to grips with it we can make that couple of steps within the next few years. they do play some good football. Tom Platt on loan is a great player. hopefully we can keep him
    July Fourth likes this.
    Season 1 League: Winners

Season 2 League: 2nd, Champions League: Runners up

Season 3 League: 1st, Champions league: Quarter Finals, Cup: Play-Off

Quote Originally Posted by iamdjw View Post
    Totally agree I feel with Simon Weaver as manager (and his dad as chairman) now he is getting to grips with it we can make that couple of steps within the next few years. they do play some good football. Tom Platt on loan is a great player. hopefully we can keep him
    Only problem is this season you have 2 clubs that are big in your league and that have both reformed because of financial difficulty after both recently being ex-league clubs, Chester and Halifax, so both of these have strong following and reputation but hopefully they both can clear the way to winning promotion next season, but who knows in football... Town may win the play-offs.

Chester are easily winning the league. Halifax will be our challenge in the play-offs I think. But we did just beat them at there ground and hopefully win in a bit when we play at home

Harrogate town travel to Corby tomorrow in what should be a good game. They sit low down the table so I am hoping to see town pick up the 3 points here and keep on marching towards the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by iamdjw View Post
    Harrogate town travel to Corby tomorrow in what should be a good game. They sit low down the table so I am hoping to see town pick up the 3 points here and keep on marching towards the playoffs.
    Yes, these are the games that Harrogate need to win if they are able to make a push for the conference national and start to put the club finally on the map and start to make some players think that they would like to play for Harrogate Town.

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Yes, these are the games that Harrogate need to win if they are able to make a push for the conference national and start to put the club finally on the map and start to make some players think that they would like to play for Harrogate Town.
    Sure as hell are. Just hope that all the postponed games don't come back and haunt us. I really am hoping for conference football next season

Harrogate Town won today away to Corby. Winning 2-0 both goals came in the second half.
    July Fourth likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast