Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lex

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What's up with the red card suspensions?

What's up with the red card suspensions?

I know that if you're player gets a ready card he's out for the remainder of the game and is suspended for the next one.
    But I've been having an issue where I had two players get red cards in the second leg of a tournament and in the first leg of the next round of the same tournament I placed them on the bench (not the reserves) just so I can arrange the team for the next game without them.
    Anyways, play that game, thought they served their suspension, now getting ready for second leg but I see they're still suspended. What's up with that?

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Lex
    Hmm, it sounds like your players were serving out a longer suspension for more than a minor violation.

For example, a straight red card would ensue a 2 match suspension for the player.

To add to that a yellow card and a straight red card in the same match also result in a 2 match suspension. If the player already has a yellow card from a previous match in the same competition then he will also serve the one match suspension for the accumulation offence, making that three matches in total.

Hope that explains it, dzilla
    Altiplano likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    For example, a straight red card would ensue a 2 match suspension for the player.
    This right here must be it because I thought it was like real life where a straight red is just one game suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by dzilla View Post
    This right here must be it because I thought it was like real life where a straight red is just one game suspension.
    Nope, it depends of the competition. A straight red card can be a suspension for years if needed. But as a general rule it is between 1-3 matches and usually a straight red have more punishment than when a cicle of yellows is completed (3-5 depending of the competition) as then the suspension if for the upcoming match.