Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: how to beat 4-4-2 formation

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    4-3n-2w-1 is the best for me. I use attacking, mixed and short, no CA, high press and zonal marking, and keeping the OT on depends on whether he as AMx — if not, the offside trap's on. The edge is in the midfield — 5v4 means possession is better. Also the 3w attacking formation (I call AML/ST/AMR as 3w) keeps their fullbacks engaged, however the opponent has only 2ST, so our fullbacks can join the attack. Thus I also put up arrows on fullbacks. Also a blue arrow on central MC gives a bit of defensive boost.
    True, I have always noticed difficulty in playing against 4 3 2 1, but that was when I play my 4 4 2classic no matter what formation I am facing. I am a bit flexible now. But I don't think I can deploy a formation without wide men. I love them. Guess I am rigid that part
    Last edited by Awe Imoleayo Peter; 03-27-2016 at 03:42 PM.

I am against an undefeated 4-4-2 this season in CL semifinal. We are equal quality. He sometimes plays 4-4-1-1. I was thinking on going 4-2(DMC)-3(AMC/R/L)-1 . Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio Alvarez View Post
    I am against an undefeated 4-4-2 this season in CL semifinal. We are equal quality. He sometimes plays 4-4-1-1. I was thinking on going 4-2(DMC)-3(AMC/R/L)-1 . Any ideas?
    I like Arion's idea which is 4 3mc 2 aml /amr 1 or a 3 4 1 2. You will have to change very close to deadline so he can't change his formation to counter. He might be a tinkerer, you never know. Since you guys are equal, you might surprise him with normal / counter. It has really worked for me.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Cup final and i 'm playing vs ESTEGHAL , a +1 lv team
    He sent me friend request and accepted.
    Well, to spy some games of him.
    He 's playing with 4-4-2
    Today he got a draw (both managers in the game)
    Oppo started with 4-3MC-AML-AMR-1 but later switched from the middle.
    Didn't manage to win him with that either.

ESTE later passed a AML instead of ML.
    Good team, better qualty than mine, tough formation.
    Still don't know how to play.

how to beat 4-4-2 formation-4-4-2-%CE%921.jpg

how to beat 4-4-2 formation-4-4-2-%CE%92.jpg
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123