Thread: 4-2-3-1 tactics

4-2-3-1 tactics

Recently switched to a 4-2-3-1 in this style

-------st-------
    Aml---amc----amr
    ---------------------
    ---dmc---dmc----
    DL--dc--dc--dr

It's been successful as I climbed from 11th in the table to 6th rather quickly vs all kinds of formations

I use defensive,focusing passing down the flanks, mixed passing, and force counter attacks.

Should I use long passing since I have such a gap between dmc's and amc's?

Quote Originally Posted by Big44dog View Post
    Recently switched to a 4-2-3-1 in this style

-------st-------
    Aml---amc----amr
    ---------------------
    ---dmc---dmc----
    DL--dc--dc--dr

It's been successful as I climbed from 11th in the table to 6th rather quickly vs all kinds of formations

I use defensive,focusing passing down the flanks, mixed passing, and force counter attacks.

Should I use long passing since I have such a gap between dmc's and amc's?
    dont thinks its a must. i am using same tactics and also tried the difference between long and mixed passing and i didnt realize much changes. but always use passing down flanks since the most ppl in the game are going for central formations. i also realized that my mc's dmc's and amc's have not as good ratings as my wing players or strikers in general. idk if this is normal but i have the feeling that it is better to not use too much players in the middle.

I feel the same way about wing play. Another reason is that there's very few wing players on the transfer market, leading me to prioritize those positions when bringing in new players. Playing the odds so to speak.
    As far as the ratings, I notice the same thing. Like you said so many coaches clogging the middle our wingers are having a easy go of it.
    Last edited by Big44dog; 02-26-2015 at 04:33 AM.

Do you mess with arrows at all? I use to up my dr and DL with normal and no counter but it made no difference