Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Niddhoeggr
  • 1 Post By nikolgiorgos
  • 1 Post By Jacob M
  • 1 Post By nikolgiorgos

Thread: 3N-2W-3N-2ST: Need some help or/and advice!

3N-2W-3N-2ST: Need some help or/and advice!

Hey guys,

I am quite new to this game (playing at this moment in the second league) but I did read and learn a lot in this forum especially from this great community and I have to admit, that it helped a lot to get some kind of a comprehension concerning formations and tactics. But I would be happy to get some advice concerning my following challenge in the 2nd leg in the champions league. The first game today went not so well (2:2) and I am not quite sure right now, whether I did something terribly wrong or just the dices has been thrown in another way.

First of all, the strength comparison between us:
    3N-2W-3N-2ST: Need some help or/and advice!-allgemein_korr.jpg

Merged match report after the first game (every time I shot a goal, one minute later the opp scored as well):
    3N-2W-3N-2ST: Need some help or/and advice!-match_report_merged.jpg

The opponents formation/squad:
    3N-2W-3N-2ST: Need some help or/and advice!-gegner_formation_merged.jpg

My main squad (& substitutes) and my formation:
    3N-2W-3N-2ST: Need some help or/and advice!-kader_merged.jpg

My tactics:
    3N-2W-3N-2ST: Need some help or/and advice!-mein_kader_tactics.jpg

As you can see in the match statistics the game was a little bit in my favor. I had two friends attending my home match and the oppo was there as well after a few minutes. Win-bonus was maxed, they all were rested and fully motivated. He played this 3-2-3-2 formation at least every time in the champions league. My assumption is, that I was to aggressive (see formation and tactics screenshot). The two goals I have conceived were from a MC player and a freshly brought in DMR (with only 41% overall strength - wow).

I would be really glad to hear some advice concerning the 2nd game and what you would do better or different if you were in my position. Oh, and please don't hesitate to ask questions if I did forget somethin important.

Thank you so much in advance and best,
    Nidd
    Last edited by Niddhoeggr; 07-17-2017 at 05:06 PM.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    your formation doesn't have balance
    I can see a void in the middle field (you are too strong in the wings) and a void between attack and defense (too vulnerable in counter attacks).
    Probably he striked back with counters.
    To tell you the truth, I 'm surprised you get to the semis with this formation.
    Probably you did other things right

ok
    MR+AMR and ML-AML is a bad combination.
    I suggest 3DC-1DMC-ML-2MC-MR-AMC-ST
    def/counters/mix
    norm/norm/zone/of

If doesn't work, then use your orders above

good luck
    Niddhoeggr likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    I can see a void in the middle field (you are too strong in the wings) and a void between attack and defense (too vulnerable in counter attacks).
    Probably he striked back with counters.

ok
    MR+AMR and ML-AML is a bad combination.
    def/counters/mix
    norm/norm/zone/of

good luck
    Mixed focus or mixed passing style?
    Niddhoeggr likes this.

Hey nik,

thank you so much for your fast reply and for your feedback!

Haha, no, that is not my main formation. A few hours before the match I followed the recommendation of an user in a similar thread and thought that I counter his formation in this way better:
    (Link to the thread: https://forum.topeleven.com/formatio...tml#post458314

Normally I am playing the Butterly-Formation (see picture below). But I do almost every time try to counter the oppos formation and so I do switch a lot my own formation. Except for the 3N-2W-2N-2W-1 formation I do like to play (considering my squad) 4-4-2, 4-5-1V and 4-3w-1-1.

3N-2W-3N-2ST: Need some help or/and advice!-aktueller_kader.jpg

Probably he striked back with counters.... MR+AMR and ML-AML is a bad combination.
    Yes, that seems quite possible, you are right.

def/counters/mix
    norm/norm/zone/of

good luck
    Thank you again. I will try it. What has confused me was the DMC because the oppo do not use any AMC.

Thank you again and best,
    Nidd

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob M View Post
    Mixed focus or mixed passing style?
    mixed because you have player in the wings but also an AMC.
    Another approach is to play from the wings and observe the rates of his wing backs.
    If they play good, switch to mix (some times the a.m. can give an advice about the sides).

Thank you again. I will try it. What has confused me was the DMC because the oppo do not use any AMC.
    DMC is not only to play vs a AMC but to help for wingers too and close the void between attack-defense

Butterfly is ok I think.
    Start with def/counters till 30-40 '
    Niddhoeggr likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

DMC is not only to play vs a AMC but to help for wingers too and close the void between attack-defense

Butterfly is ok I think.
    Thank you nik, I will consider your advice and post afterwards.

Best,
    Nidd

Edit: I will try first my usual butterfly-formation and if I have to change something I will switch to your recommended formation.

Apprentice
    mixed because you have player in the wings but also an AMC.
    Another approach is to play from the wings and observe the rates of his wing backs.
    If they play good, switch to mix (some times the a.m. can give an advice about the sides).

Butterfly is ok I think.
    Thanks Nic. And i guess passing style is also mixed.

Oh, and where/how should I put the arrows?

Thanks again!

The opposing manager (same time zone) has rescheduled the game for 2AM at the following night...what the hell. ^^ It should have been today at 4PM. I did not know that you can reschedule a game for such a long time (10 hours in this case).

I have to wake up at 5am so I don't think I can attend the match at 2am. Oh crap...

Quick update: Won 4:0 in the 2nd leg (away) match!

We were both absent. I played my usual 3N-2W-2N-2W-1 (butterfly) formation and used the tactics proposed by Nik (defensive & counters etc.). Although I think the opposing manager forgot to place his best players because there were a few better players on the bench. He did put them only afterwards in his main formation. Probably I was lucky.

So thank you Nik for your advice! I surely will try the other formation (3DC-1DMC-ML-2MC-MR-AMC-ST) you've proposed whenever I think it could be helpful.

Best,
    Nidd

Edit: The opposing manager (99% strength vs my ~ 114%) in the upcoming finals does play 4-4-1-1. Have to think about my counter.
    Last edited by Niddhoeggr; 07-20-2017 at 07:47 AM.