Thread: Some advice needed for a newbie

Smile Some advice needed for a newbie

Hello guys. It`s my first season and I`m very enthusiastic about the game. I managed to reach the Semi Finals of the Cup, however I now face the most challenging opponent so far, which is better than my team in terms of star rating 17,3>16,2. I still believe I do stand a chance in this tie, but I will need your help in order to beat him.

This is what my team looks like Some advice needed for a newbie-untitled.jpg

This is what his team looks like Some advice needed for a newbie-untitled1.jpg If he plays with this one how to counter it?

From what I`ve seen this is his most preferred tactic - he used it each time when a win was needed in the cup tie. Some advice needed for a newbie-untitled3.png

Unfortunately, I currently don`t have players for some positions as you might see and this makes it even more difficult to choose how exactly to play.
    I won`t waste any time - please I need feedback ASAP! Tactics, Formation and Instructions, Arrows and everything that you might consider helpful. I will appreciate every comment!

THANK YOU!
    Last edited by Bobby Georgiev; 07-18-2013 at 12:37 AM.

I would say you play 4-5-1 V-Style, playing over both flanks. Using the both offensive arrows should work. (Forward, not backward!)

The problem: You need an AMR.

Last edited by Incredipede; 07-18-2013 at 12:31 PM.

Well, this is one of the problems. Furthermore, I don`t have a strong DMC, my DC is suitable for playing this position but if I move him, than I need to include a 15-rated DL as a substitute. And considering the scout that he has on his wing I don`t think I will be a very good option. Any other suggestions, please?

i would say go 3-5 flat -2
    means :

ST - ST

ML - MC - MC - MC - MR

DC - DC - DC

GK

Mentality : Normal
    passing : down both flanks
    pressing : 1st half press own half and change 2nd half all pitch
    tackling : Normal
    passing style : Short
    marking style : zone
    and play offside traps

u need 3 good dc's for that

Good luck

Pini, thank you for your advice. I might actually go for it.

Two question though - my best player Peykov (21) is playing AMC/AML. If I decide to play with 3-5-2 Flat and place him in the center with a red arrow will that be appropriate, because I can`t bench him for sure, but my third best midfielder has only 14 rating.

Furthermore, should I put any arrows if playing with 3-5-2?

Well I say start with 3-5 flat -2 on 1st half
    If u see its not good for you then put your AMC in replace MC

The 3-5-2 is very agressive attacking formetion that way you can controll the middle and attack throw his flanks
    The problem is the DC you need very good DC to play this formetion

It's ok to play with AMC but remember he has DMC to cover your AMC

Put red arrow on the ML , MR and blue arrow on the middle MC
    Last edited by Pini Shavili; 07-19-2013 at 01:09 PM.

Thanks again for the quality response.

However I had something different in mind. Maybe I didn`t explain it properly.
    I feel that your suggestion with 3-5-2 Flat is awesome and I might use it. The player I was talking about plays AMC/AML, but I intend to place him as a MC with a red arrow perhaps. That way he is not going to play in his known position, but I can`t afford to bench him. My question to you was basically this - is it worth to do that since he is a quality player, but doesn`t play in his position?
    My other option for a third midfielder is a guy that has 15 quality. I assume that choosing him won`t be the best decision.

I am fully aware that his DMC would neutralize my AMC in no time. Putting him as a AMC would be a mistake.

In conclusion - if I agree to put my AMC playing as a MC would it be useful to put a red arrow on him as well?

One more thing - I am playing the first game away. Which tactic will be more useful to play with in the first leg? I assume that 3-5-2 Flat is an attacking option, but maybe it is wise to use it on my ground and start with 4-5-1 V away? What do you think?

hey again
    well about your AML/AMC
    You can play with him on AML only as AMC wont be so effective
    and put Red Arrow on him
    but iF YOU PLAY 4-5-1 wont so so affective because he has 2 x AMC so You can go 4 -5 FLAT -1
    meaning
    as you Dont have AMR so do like this

ST
    AML
    MC MC MC MR

DL DC DC DR

GK

RED ARROW ON AML / MR / DL / DR
    attack throw the flanks

if you play attacking use offside trap ON
    if normal offside trap OFF