Thread: Block 4-3N-2(AML/R)-1 without DML/R

Block 4-3N-2(AML/R)-1 without DML/R

My next opponent plays 4-3N-2(AML/R)-1. All suggested counter formations I found deploy 3DC to counter the lone striker and a DML/DMR to mark the AMR/AML.

Problem is, I don't have those players (as I just recently started with the game).

I do have 3DC and also good DL/DR or mediocre ML/MR.

Should I
    a) use DL/DR in a flat 5 defense row or
    b) use DL/DR in DML/DMR positions (10% penalty?) or
    c) use ML/MR in DML/DMR positions (10% penalty?) or
    d) use ML/MR in their natural positions with down arows?

... and why? :-)

I think, I prefer to play my DL/DR, because they have better stats, but should I play flat or move them off their natural positions?

I recommend 4-4-2 classic, or play 4-3N-2AML/AMR-1. But if you have a weaker team than him, try 4-3N-2AML/AMR-1. These are from my knowledge at the 35T league. If you want to learn more counter formations, join now! http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...ally-open.html

ทรงพระเจริญ

AEPRE FC

Thanks for the input! I played 4-4-2 with DL/DR(up), 2MC(up), ML/MR(down) and won 5:0.

Unfortunately, one of my wings got injured.

I like the idea of your low-token club. I don't intend to buy or earn tokens in any way, but posting proving pictures for every major decision would be too much of a hassle for me at the moment. I've just started with the game; maybe later.

Thanks again.

DL/DR works just as well blocking an AML/AMR. A lot of people think the DML/DMR is a must have against AML/AMR but in all honesty, DL/DR is also pretty effective if they are solid players with good ratings.

I can suggest using a DL/DR. I did test several formations against 4-3N-2W-1 and it seems that when I played DML/DMR, it actually made me concede! Play a 4 man defence DL-DC-DC-DR. The rest is up to you really, I would attack the middle in this case.. Something like a 4-4-1-1 works... I guess your 4-4-2 was effective too!

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<