Thread: A Question that has been bugging since Day One!

A Question that has been bugging since Day One!

I have played many matches on Top Eleven and I just cannot, get my head round on the arrows. When to use them? Are they effective? How to use them? Is it even worth it?

If anyone can please answer that you be just a gem! Thank you!! and also if someone can take a look at my side and see if i can change formation and also my strengths and my weaknesses..

Thanks..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A Question that has been bugging since Day One!-screen-shot-2013-08-26-18.37.28.jpg  

Anyone plz care to reply? Thank Yu

Apprentice
    Tbh ... If the game made sense, they would have two sets of arrows.

1. In possession
    2. Other team has possession

Unfortunately, we don't have that and I'm not sure if anyone can say 100% for certain what they do (I maybe wrong). Especially as offsides aren't really in the game and there are no individual stats. I guess you could just put forward/backward arrows on everyone and see if you become more attacking/defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon Bhatti View Post
    Tbh ... If the game made sense, they would have two sets of arrows.

1. In possession
    2. Other team has possession

Unfortunately, we don't have that and I'm not sure if anyone can say 100% for certain what they do (I maybe wrong). Especially as offsides aren't really in the game and there are no individual stats. I guess you could just put forward/backward arrows on everyone and see if you become more attacking/defensive.
    I am really confused as to what purpose and how effective this is.. I always on all my MC and ST put the red arrows and from DMC backwards to DC AND DR AND DL have blue arrow but really dnt see its purpose or effect.. Just really strange!

Rookie
    So... You are going to play 4-4-2, your opponent it's playing 4-5-1V. He changes to 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond to counter your 4-4-2. Now you need 4-5-1V to counter his tactic, but u do not have AML + AMR, so you will change one forward with 1 DMC and put red arrows on you MR + ML. This is one example. Or you are playing 4-1-3-2 and your opponent doesn't have a DMC, so you can play with AMC or if u do not have one, just put a red arrow on the middle MC. And so on.
    Basically, reasons for using arrows are when you want to change your tactic but don't have the necessary players or when you play offensive/defensive. Many people are using blue arrows on DL-DC-DR's and red arrows on ST's. That's useless cause they can't go backward or forward more then they already are.
    About your team, get another MC, a strong one, 5 stars at least. Your team is as strong as your midfield is. Try to have defensive players who can play DC+DL or DC+DR. And one AMR and that should be alright. If you get thos, u can play almost any formation u want.

Quote Originally Posted by Florian Bunea View Post
    So... You are going to play 4-4-2, your opponent it's playing 4-5-1V. He changes to 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond to counter your 4-4-2. Now you need 4-5-1V to counter his tactic, but u do not have AML + AMR, so you will change one forward with 1 DMC and put red arrows on you MR + ML. This is one example. Or you are playing 4-1-3-2 and your opponent doesn't have a DMC, so you can play with AMC or if u do not have one, just put a red arrow on the middle MC. And so on.
    Basically, reasons for using arrows are when you want to change your tactic but don't have the necessary players or when you play offensive/defensive. Many people are using blue arrows on DL-DC-DR's and red arrows on ST's. That's useless cause they can't go backward or forward more then they already are.
    About your team, get another MC, a strong one, 5 stars at least. Your team is as strong as your midfield is. Try to have defensive players who can play DC+DL or DC+DR. And one AMR and that should be alright. If you get thos, u can play almost any formation u want.
    You my man are a true gem!

Thanks ever soo much for that explanation of the whole red and blue arrows! So in other words its pretty useless unless you dont have the necessary players to combat your opponents tactics.. I always used to put arrows on everyone all blue for my dmc and defence. And all red for mc and st!!

Need to use them wisely now! As for your advice on players I just signed a MC youngers 20 quality (34) 5star.. i DEFFO need a DC - DR and DC - DL.. As far as that is considered What else needs changing? Is my team good enough?

Thanks a lot and if i could buy you drink now I would

Rookie
    No worries .
    Your DR it's weak. You have only 1 DL and 1 DR. Except that, you have a pretty good team. But considering your tokens, you can get a full 6 stars team.
    Arrows are not totally useless. They have their role, can be useful for wings and midfield, depending on how your opponent plays or what tactic he/you use.
    Last edited by Florian Bunea; 08-27-2013 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Florian Bunea View Post
    No worries .
    Your DR it's weak. You have only 1 DL and 1 DR. Except that, you have a pretty good team. But considering your tokens, you can get a full 6 stars team.
    Arrows are not totally useless. They have their role, can be useful for wings and midfield, depending on how your opponent plays or what tactic he/you use.
    Yh I agree, my DR is my weakest point in my team. As for building a 6 star team, regardless of how many tokens I do and do not have. Buying players for scout makes the challenge less enjoyable to actually "build" a worldclass team. I just use those tokens that I bought for rainy days. But I also tend to only buy young players.. anyone over 21 is a no go for me. I have older than that but thats coz just cant seem to sell them and they done gd for me two seasons. Got to show them love lol ..

Thanks a lot once more and also for your explanation on the arrows!!! Im playing 2morrow a Player who is playing 4-3(MC)1AMC and 2ST.. How would I combat that?

Thank you

Rookie
    Good for you .

4-3N-2W-1, 4-5-1V or 3N-5-2 flat. For the first two formations you need AMR and you do not have it, so better go with 3N-5-2 flat.