Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Madridista 21

Thread: ball possession

ball possession

I'm looking a match right now, and both players are using the same formation (442 diamond). I don't understand why the away player is winning the possession (44%-56%) when using the same scheme and the home player have also a 2% booster from the stadium.
    I thought it was all about the number of midfielders, but looking this now I guess is also about the quality?
    I would like to know also which kind of midfielders are relevant for ball possession (MC, DMC, DMR/DML, AMC, AML/AMR)

Anyone knows exactly how it works?

Many thanks

nobody uh?

Also depends of the orders, mentality atacking have more possession, because are always looking for the ball, Short passes, preserve more the ball then the long ones.

I think quality also have some influencie, because i see that. Whend i am playing against a stronger Team, even playing with a counter tactic, you still lose possession.

But for sure, nobody knows.

Apprentice
    Quality is a big factor. The team with higher quality naturally have more possession. Imagine if Chelsea went to play at Spurs. The Yids being a small and **** club somewhere in the hell hole of North London would not get the same possession as the mighty Blues even at their home ground. That is why we call it 3 point lane.
    Chelsea FC
    SEASON 3 -- LEVEL 3: DOUBLE
    SEASON 2 -- LEVEL 2: **TREBLE!!!**
    SEASON 1 -- LEVEL 1: League Champion

Formation and Order guide
    4132 guide

Rookie
    Nice one! ))

One victory in 5 years on their stadium, on premier league, it's enough for "3 points lane", alright? )). When u'll get the 2nd victory, u'll be able to call it "almost 6 points lane" ).

Quote Originally Posted by TimYoung View Post
    Quality is a big factor. The team with higher quality naturally have more possession. Imagine if Chelsea went to play at Spurs. The Yids being a small and **** club somewhere in the hell hole of North London would not get the same possession as the mighty Blues even at their home ground. That is why we call it 3 point lane.

Apprentice
    You are right. Last few years have been lots of draws. But if you look back from 1990, Spuds have only won three times against us in the league.

Pro
    At least they did something......WON

Apprentice
    Since 1990 we beat the Spuds 26 times and they beat us 3 times. Even **** teams get lucky sometimes.

I watched a game where two teams,similar quality,no illegal formation and the possession was 80-20
    ball possession-no-name.jpg
    Cat Harrison likes this.