Thread: 3W-4-1-2....any ideas please?

3W-4-1-2....any ideas please?

I need a formation and orders to counter a 3W-4-1-2 formation , that has an equal quality rating as myself.

The recommended counter formation is 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond , but i really don't want to use this as the game platform seems to be going against this formation in the past couple of seasons.

So , any different formation and order ideas to counter would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    Red FC-Level 24-Season 24
    Winners x 17 (2nd x 5 , 3rd x 1)
    Winners x 7 (2nd x 2 , 3rd x 4)
    Winners x 6 (2nd x 5 , 3rd x 3)
    TREBLE X 3

Rookie
    Than make your own tactic. He have 2 ST + 1 AMC, so go for a 3N + 1 DMC. He have 4 midfielders, so you can go for 4 aswell, and have a 3n-1-4-2, attacking on the middle, cause he plays wide. Or use 3 MC's and 1 AMC. You have a DMC aswell, so, you gonna have 5 players between defenders and forwards. And with 3 MC's + 1 AMC, you can go for a 3N-1-3N-1-2.

These are my suggestions, 3N-1-4-2 or 3N-1-3N-1-2. Depends of the quality of his forwards and AMC.

Quote Originally Posted by Florian Bunea View Post
    Than make your own tactic. He have 2 ST + 1 AMC, so go for a 3N + 1 DMC. He have 4 midfielders, so you can go for 4 aswell, and have a 3n-1-4-2, attacking on the middle, cause he plays wide. Or use 3 MC's and 1 AMC. You have a DMC aswell, so, you gonna have 5 players between defenders and forwards. And with 3 MC's + 1 AMC, you can go for a 3N-1-3N-1-2.

These are my suggestions, 3N-1-4-2 or 3N-1-3N-1-2. Depends of the quality of his forwards and AMC.
    Thanks for that....have noticed just now that he struggles against 3N-1-4-2 on his past results....so you are spot on with that analysis....what would you recommend on orders....am assumimg passing through the middle...what do you think about mentality,pressing style,tackling , passing and marking styles,,,,would u use any arrows?
    TREBLE X 3

Rookie
    How i see it, logical orders for same quality opponent are attacking through the middle, mixt passing, pressing on your own pitch, cause all over the field would make you vulnerable to counterattack, no arrows, any arrows will destabilize your formation, considering the tactic, counterattack, no offside trap, normal mentality if you are playing at home, defensive if you play away, hard tackle if he doesn't have a free kick SA, normal tackle if he have one.
    This is how i would play. Good luck man.

Quote Originally Posted by Florian Bunea View Post
    How i see it, logical orders for same quality opponent are attacking through the middle, mixt passing, pressing on your own pitch, cause all over the field would make you vulnerable to counterattack, no arrows, any arrows will destabilize your formation, considering the tactic, counterattack, no offside trap, normal mentality if you are playing at home, defensive if you play away, hard tackle if he doesn't have a free kick SA, normal tackle if he have one.
    This is how i would play. Good luck man.
    Thanks-will let you know how i get on
    TREBLE X 3

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Baron View Post
    Thanks-will let you know how i get on
    LOL....won 1-0......but i fell asleep as i had a night match and my alarm didnt go off !! I set my team formation ten mins or so before a match ....so my team and formation was all over the place.not the one i wanted to use..

I won with a 3N-3W-2 (AMCS)-2 formation with normal mentality , Mixed focus passing , Pressing own half ,Hard Tackling,mixed pasing style, zonal marking with c/a......Lucky or what?

Thanks again.
    TREBLE X 3

Rookie
    That's cool ). Welldone!