Thread: how to beat 3-1-2-2-2

how to beat 3-1-2-2-2

Hi all

i have an match and my opponents formation is a 3-1-2-2-2. Please see the description down below

st st
    amc amr
    ml mc
    dml
    dl dc dr

another opponent tried 4-4-2 and lost 4-0 and he was probably expected to win. Do you think i should try 3-5-2 v? if yes or no please let me know the best formation and the orders.

thank you

anyone?

Apprentice
    No. You would want to play 4 at the back.

But you sure he plays dl, dml and ml???

thanks timyoung for your reply..

sorry i made a mistake all the position that i mentioned above are correct except his playing a dmc instead of dml.

it is a really weird formation. one that i have never faced before.

Rookie
    Its not weird formation, its a 3-5v-2. To win i recommend 3n-3(mc)-2(aml and amr)-2.

Apprentice
    Is a pretty wierd formation. He plays ml mc and not two mc.

You want 4 at the back against his two strikers and ml amr. a dmc against his amc. 2 upfront against his 3 w.

So either 413w2 or 4132

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by samso View Post
    Its not weird formation, its a 3-5v-2. To win i recommend 3n-3(mc)-2(aml and amr)-2.
    Why three at the back? His ml and amr is unmarked and amc is free.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by samso View Post

Not only that, you just put you aml and amr directly against his full backs.

Quote Originally Posted by TimYoung View Post

Not only that, you just put you aml and amr directly against his full backs.
    thanks everyone for your responses. its much appreciated.

i agree 3 at the back is very risky and other teams have used a 4-4-2 and have been smashed. i was initially thinking 4-5-1 v style, which will allow me to use my two aml and amr. i do like the the 4-1-3w-2 formation. would you put arrows on the ml and mr and what orders would you use?

Apprentice
    I dont tend to put arrows much. You can actually just play aml if you want more attacking since he has no mr. I tend to play zonal, mix passing, own half and , normal tackling. But since you have two strikers against his one dc and one winger vs his one fulkback, might worth trying whole pitch pressing to nick the ball off him and score a goal. And maybe even hard tackling.

I can never understand 3w formation. Think it is so easy to exploit... well unless his dc is really a superman.