Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By DiZZee
  • 2 Post By TimYoung
  • 1 Post By Cat Harrison
  • 1 Post By Susan Fc
  • 2 Post By Susan Fc

Thread: HOW TO BEAT A STRONGER PLAYER! (the" lucky bastard" thread)

HOW TO BEAT A STRONGER PLAYER! (the" lucky bastard" thread)

I thought to start this thread in opposition to the "UNSATISFACTORY RESULT - POST HERE!",which is awesome!!
    I just wanted to invert the point of view and create a place where any player can share their victories against bigger players and how they made it!
    It might be fun and interesting at the same time,it would help to understand better the mechanics and limits of this game engine.
    POST DETAILS OF YOUR SUCCESS!

Pro
    As Frankie once said "Luck be a Lady......tonight".
    Ankle Breaker likes this.

Apprentice
    Good idea. I'll post something if I have a game like that. Unfortunately, was outta the cup in the first round against a mega gold buyer and have faced only weaker teams than mine this season. I am the highest rated team in my league and CL. :s
    Ankle Breaker and Susan Fc like this.
    Chelsea FC
    SEASON 3 -- LEVEL 3: DOUBLE
    SEASON 2 -- LEVEL 2: **TREBLE!!!**
    SEASON 1 -- LEVEL 1: League Champion

Formation and Order guide
    4132 guide

Quote Originally Posted by TimYoung View Post
    Good idea. I'll post something if I have a game like that. Unfortunately, was outta the cup in the first round against a mega gold buyer and have faced only weaker teams than mine this season. I am the highest rated team in my league and CL. :s
    i'd be happy for you and everyone posting things here!! ehehe

Apprentice
    Actually, I do have one story which I posted on here before. It was last season when I faced a stronger team then mine in the cup final when I won the treble.

I won because of my gk who played a blinder keeping out 3 one vs one. GK with one vs one ability is a must. And scored because I played counter attack to get my one chance (it was a game with few chances as we both had much better defence then our attack) and my mc did a long shot in the 87th minute to win 1-0 to break the deadlock.

Quote Originally Posted by TimYoung View Post
    Actually, I do have one story which I posted on here before. It was last season when I faced a stronger team then mine in the cup final when I won the treble.

I won because of my gk who played a blinder keeping out 3 one vs one. GK with one vs one ability is a must. And scored because I played counter attack to get my one chance (it was a game with few chances as we both had much better defence then our attack) and my mc did a long shot in the 87th minute to win 1-0 to break the deadlock.
    that must be exciting...just thinking how much you pissed him off!! LOL i'll be waiting for my own results for the next season,i'm leading the current League without problems (19 W,1 D,0 L) nobody has higher teams,and i'm out from cup and CL.
    i'm Level 2 and so far no big story to tell...but i'm sure it's gonna happen soon!!!

I just won against a higher Q player,i can't tell i pissed him off too much,though,since it was only the first leg played at home of the CL semifinal,but i can tell he must have bought at the last minute a new player just for the match against me...since he had 2 banned Defenders and he plays 4-3-3 and i never seen that player on the list before the match... he got a crappy 3*(15) compared with all his others 5* players...i might have been lucky,i know...but you can't lose always,right??
    HOW TO BEAT A STRONGER PLAYER! (the" lucky bastard" thread)-q-factor.jpg
    HOW TO BEAT A STRONGER PLAYER! (the" lucky bastard" thread)-1.0-formation.jpg
    HOW TO BEAT A STRONGER PLAYER! (the" lucky bastard" thread)-sts.jpg
    HOW TO BEAT A STRONGER PLAYER! (the" lucky bastard" thread)-ratings.jpg

the man of the match wasn't even the scorer...it was my goalie!! LOL
    i'm aware i might lose the 2nd match..but till then i'll be happy!! :P

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    3 saves is a lot in this game, your GK saved the game
    Susan Fc likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    3 saves is a lot in this game, your GK saved the game
    i'm glad he's my stronger player!! the only scout i have!! at least it means something!!yesterday i was loosing a match 1-4 and i tried to put him on attack after i tried everything to change the match...obviously,no luck!! lol
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Ok i made it again!I won the CL second leg!! i reached the CL final beating a +3.7 higher Q player(level 2).

his formation 5-4(3mc-1ml)-1. i countered with 3-1-4(3mc-1mr)-1(aml)-1. red arrows to my (3mc-1mr),blue arrows to my Dmc and Aml.
    i won 2-0 one goal each half. normal mentality,focus on left flank,normal tackle,mixed passing,zonal marking,press own half.his only bad lack was his stadium ...not enough people...plus he didnt attend the match...so i got +7 possession.all the stats were by my side,even if narrowly. let's see what happens in final ...that player is even bigger!!
    PS: cannot post screenshots,since i'm in emergency mode...i broke my pc so i can only use my phone or log here and there from someone else's pc.
    Wiesse and Cat Harrison like this.