Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4-2-2-1-1, best way to attack it?

4-2-2-1-1, best way to attack it?

Playing against a team running 4-2-2-1-1

-------ST-------
    ------AMC------
    ---MC----MC---
    --DMC---DMC---
    DL--DC--DC--DR

His team is a little stronger than mine. I used 3-5-2V at home and we tied 0-0

Any help is appreciated, league match and want to increase my lead atop the standings

Apprentice
    Counter attack. If he plays a defensive formation and park the bus, then force counter attack is a way to get goals.

Quote Originally Posted by TimYoung View Post
    Counter attack. If he plays a defensive formation and park the bus, then force counter attack is a way to get goals.
    Thanks!

Right now I have the same formation I used previously against him, 3-5-2V but have my mentality set at defensive with counter attack on, down flanks, own half, normal tackling, mixed passing, zonal.

another draw 0-0

Apprentice
    When you play counter attack, always play mix passing. The point of counter is that their players are outta position and youll find you get more chances then if you do just down the flanks or through mid etc

Apprentice
    Unlucky. but you were playing against a better team then yours so its a good result.

In my league there is a Team that plays always that way. I tryed the butterfly but also only got a draw, but other teams manage to beat it using 451V Style and 433.

Thanks!

I'll keep those in mind

Quote Originally Posted by TimYoung View Post
    When you play counter attack, always play mix passing. The point of counter is that their players are outta position and youll find you get more chances then if you do just down the flanks or through mid etc
    Thanks.

I did switch from flanks to mixed as the game went on. Also played with blue arrow on middle center back. Tried for a short while while blue arrow on DMC as my DC's were the ones displacing the ball from his AMC. I did not notice a difference so I didn't leave the blue arrow on my DMC for long, maybe I didn't leave it long enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast