Thread: When to use short passing?

Pro

When to use short passing?

When would short passing be a preference to mixed.( same would then apply to long).
    Why even have the option if there is a mixed passing choice, which I presume would have the engine choose when to go long and when short.

Long passes are good whend you are playing against better Q teams, defensive with counter.
    Short it may be better If your Team is better and you at least 1 player in avery part of the field like 31312 you have always a player near by.
    Mixed is the most common that normally people use.

At least this is mine opinion

Apprentice
    Never.

I tested it a few times and was so bad that I dont think I have finished a game with it. Maybe I was just unlucky or didnt suit my formation/ orders whatever. But it was v noticeabley worse when I play it.

Pro
    Reason I asked the question was that I always play normal passing and I end up at first half time on 79 energy level. The one game I played short passing, last night, I was on 83 at half time. When switched to long after restart, it plummeted to 71, then I went to mixed passing.

Rookie
    I usually run with long passing. I might be wrong here, but these are my thoughts on it:

From what I've read, basically with long passing you pass the ball deep up field as soon as you get it. As a result, you're attacking straight away. As you've thrown the ball upfield, your opponent is often caught off guard, and so you can more easily take a shot at goal. However, your own players are also often caught out of position, and so the shots you have on goal aren't very accurate.

I figure the above is probably true, as I generally have a lot more shots on goal than what my opponent does, however my shots on target are often only equal or slightly higher than my opponent's.

I figure that short passes is probably the opposite. So you'll have longer between attempts on goal, but your shots on goal are more likely to be on target.

I have no idea whether either effects your condition or not.

I hardly use it. I use long ball even when I had 2WB and 3CM

Pro
    So why have the option?it must serve some programming need.

I think you use it with attacking tactics for more possession, but if your passes are too inaccurate, you'll be counter attacked.

I prefer to use mixed.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

3-6-1 at any variation.