Thread: help against ultra defensive formation

help against ultra defensive formation

Hi

This Season i have to play quiet often against this very strange and defensive formation.

-- -- GK -- --
    DL -- DC -- DR
    -- DM -- DM--
    ML -- MC --MR
    -- -- AM -- --
    -- -- ST -- --

i have the better Team but only by 1 or 2 points. The Problem is, that this Formation is so extremly defensiv, it is hard to find a way to score. Last match i lost 3:1. He only had 4 chances because my MC "made a mistake" and he was able to score or score after the corner i got out of it. I tried a 4-1-3-2 with 3 mc`s with defensive mind, counter and focused to the midded and then switched to a 3n-1-2-2w-2 after the 2:0. The offensive taktik worked better, but i was not relly able to create good chances and he always counter.

I would really appreciate your help!

Apprentice
    4132 should be fine. But when you play def counter always play mix passing rather than focus through the mid. Blue arrow on your DMC should stop his chances.

You do need to have a strong def tho when playing def counter.

Read my 4132 guide on my sig.

Another formation might work is 41212 ND

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    This is my favorite formation to play. I will tell you that 4 4 2 has been successful against me... ( 4 1 3 2 not so much, but I bet they used wrong orders)
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I did use 4-1-3-2 because of your blog ^^ my defense is pretty good - the counter after a mistake chances killed me in the first 30 min.
    Should i use long passes or mixed?
    I did not use a 41212 nd because of his 2 dm. The Problem is that every attacking midfielder is trippel marked and more or less useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    This is my favorite formation to play. I will tell you that 4 4 2 has been successful against me... ( 4 1 3 2 not so much, but I bet they used wrong orders)
    What about a 3n-1-4-2???

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    No, really. 4 4 2 is my bane. I have lost to that form more than any other ...by far!
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have the feeling that 4-4-2 is the bane of every other formation - now i just have to find the right taktik. i would play with mixed passing and no pass fokus. The question is which mentality and with motivated dl/dr mr/ml or not.....

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoxom View Post
    I did use 4-1-3-2 because of your blog ^^ my defense is pretty good - the counter after a mistake chances killed me in the first 30 min.
    Should i use long passes or mixed?
    I did not use a 41212 nd because of his 2 dm. The Problem is that every attacking midfielder is trippel marked and more or less useless.
    I always do mix when I can. Mix seem to generate more chances for me. The only time I use long ball is if my midfield is weaker then theirs and use it to by pass the midfield.

Apprentice
    I think whenever I face an amc with striker, with my blue arrow on dmc, they dont get many chances. So I am surprise you got done 2-0. I would say 4132 is a defensiveish formation and I rarely let in many goals. I dont think I have ever lost a game by more then 2 goals...

Actually, there was only once I let in 4 goals but that was when I experiemented with Ultra attacking against a higher Q team. I needed a goal to get through the cup and last 20 minute switched to ultra attacking and got done 4-1. They scored 3 in the last 20 minute. Never used ultra attacking after that xD