Smile Any advice is greatly appreciated

Hi everyone,

Currently down to 3-1(Away) on Cup Quater Final Leg 1
    I am using
    3-1-4-1-1 (1st half) 1-0
    3-5V-2 (2nd half) 2-1

This is the opponent formation. His quality is a bit higher than me
    Any advice is greatly appreciated-aa.jpg

Need your help on a suitable formation and tactic/order to overcome this guy next 2nd leg.

Thanks!

Rookie
    I'm not pro but I think that you are not blocking his amr with 3 defenders (if there are narrow) or his 2 strikers (if your defenders are wide).
    Imho you should play with 4 defenders (but it doesn't have to be symetrical - LB CB CB CB).
    He doesn't have a lot of CM so you should try to get the ball as often as possible and try your offense where his defense is not as great.
    You can try 4-4-2 formation and put your efforts on left wing maybe or mixed.
    But as I said I'm not a pro
    Last edited by Adam Marszał; 10-08-2013 at 06:32 AM.

442 will be my option, If you whant to play with 3 defenders, use 352flat, that way your midfielder help to protect your defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Marszał View Post
    I'm not pro but I think that you are not blocking his amr with 3 defenders (if there are narrow) or his 2 strikers (if your defenders are wide).
    Imho you should play with 4 defenders (but it doesn't have to be symetrical - LB CB CB CB).
    He doesn't have a lot of CM so you should try to get the ball as often as possible and try your offense where his defense is not as great.
    You can try 4-4-2 formation and put your efforts on left wing maybe or mixed.
    But as I said I'm not a pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dman2pt View Post
    442 will be my option, If you whant to play with 3 defenders, use 352flat, that way your midfielder help to protect your defenders.
    Hi, thanks for the advices. I will try it tomorrow morning

Yep. He beats you.trought.the.wings..his.dml.also.have red arrow. So I was going.to.use 4-3n-2w (aml-amr)-1 4 defenders enough to beat 2 st and his amr. 3 mc beat his 2 and aml amr make a lot of troubles to his dml/dmc
    Everything else is luck

Hi, I win 2-0 at home. 4-4-2 Formation. Attacking, down both flanks and other normal. Qualify to semi-final with away goal

Thanks all for advices
    Cat Harrison likes this.