Thread: How to beat 3-4-1-2

How to beat 3-4-1-2

Hey guys,
    I'm playing tonight against this 3-4-1-2 formation (DC-DC-DC/ML-MC-MC-MR/AMC/ST-ST).
    Usually I play the 4-5-1 v-shape, but I'm not sure, if it will beat the formation from the topic title. In my opinion, I need to attack him from both wings, because of his playing style without wingbacks. But how I can stop his both strikers and his attacking midfielder?
    I've already read, that 3-2-2-2-1 (DC-DC-DC/DML-DMR/MC-MC/AML-AMR/ST) maybe is a possibility too. Is there anybody with experience playing with that formation? And at least: How should I setup my team? Obviously attacking both flanks (mixed passing?), zonal marking for sure, but defensive play with counter attacking mentality or normal mentality without offsidetrap and counterattacking?

Greetings

Quote Originally Posted by dryll View Post
    Hey guys,
    I'm playing tonight against this 3-4-1-2 formation (DC-DC-DC/ML-MC-MC-MR/AMC/ST-ST).
    Usually I play the 4-5-1 v-shape, but I'm not sure, if it will beat the formation from the topic title. In my opinion, I need to attack him from both wings, because of his playing style without wingbacks. But how I can stop his both strikers and his attacking midfielder?
    I've already read, that 3-2-2-2-1 (DC-DC-DC/DML-DMR/MC-MC/AML-AMR/ST) maybe is a possibility too. Is there anybody with experience playing with that formation? And at least: How should I setup my team? Obviously attacking both flanks (mixed passing?), zonal marking for sure, but defensive play with counter attacking mentality or normal mentality without offsidetrap and counterattacking?

Greetings
    I myself am facing the same problem. Although the opponent team is of less quality, it beaten my 4-5-1V style 3-1.
    What was your experience?
    Thanks

Moreover, what setup should I use? I normally attack the flanks since my AML/AMR are awesome. Now I have no wingers, should I use through the middle or mixed ?

Hi! u can use Narrow diamond 4-1-2-1-2, center attack, short pass, own half, wings up on DL & DR! good luck!