Thread: any good ideas on how to counter this:

any good ideas on how to counter this:

3w-3mc-2aml/r-2
    Got a match in a couple of hours

Quote Originally Posted by Drafn View Post
    3w-3mc-2aml/r-2
    Got a match in a couple of hours
    I tried 3dc-2dml/r-2mc-1amc-2st and played 1-1 away against slightry stronger opponent in the cup

Famous
    I haven't personally faced a quality opponent using this formation. Since I haven't seen a post yet, I'll post what i'd try. Hopefully someone else can come along with some quantitative data to better assist you.

He's almost certainly using an offensive mentality, so I'd use a defense setup. Probably 4-1-3n-2. Hard defending (defensive)/through the middle/own half/hard/long/zonal/force counters on/no offsides. Red arrows on DL, DR, DMC and 2 MC's. Blue arrows on one MC.

2 or more strikers is a must since he's only got 1 DC, so he'll be vulnerable to a multiple striker setup

Good luck!!!
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 04-12-2015 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    I haven't personally faced a quality opponent using this formation. Since I haven't seen a post yet, I'll post what i'd try. Hopefully someone else can come along with some quantitative data to better assist you.

He's almost certainly using an offensive mentality, so I'd use a defense setup. Probably 4-1-3n-2. Hard defending (defensive)/through the middle/own half/hard/long/zonal/force counters on/no offsides. Red arrows on DL, DR, DMC and 2 MC's. Blue arrows on one MC.

2 or more strikers is a must since he's only got 1 DC, so he'll be vulnerable to a multiple striker setup

Good luck!!!
    I'll try that and let you know how it went

Hi Drafn, would you like to tell me what was the tactics for 3dc-2dml/r-2mc-1amc-2st, b'coz I never win with this formation. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Drafn View Post
    I'll try that and let you know how it went
    your tip reminded me of 4-4-2 ND and i won 2-0

Quote Originally Posted by soccerLover View Post
    Hi Drafn, would you like to tell me what was the tactics for 3dc-2dml/r-2mc-1amc-2st, b'coz I never win with this formation. Thanks in advance.
    I don't remember excactly, but i think it was something like this: normal atk, through the middle, mixed passing, counter on, normal tackling, no offside. Red arrows on dml/r and amc.